Posts by dawnscake

I was contacted on Sunday to do a local bridal show on May 7th! I have a wedding cake and baby shower for Saturday May 6th. I need some quick and easy ideas for a 2 tier round dummy, 3 tier round dummy and 3 tier square regular cake. I don't have any square styro, so I have to use real cake which sucks, but anyway...... They're doing a fall theme with golds, oranges, burgundy, brighter fall type colors. It's at Lost Arrow Resort . Any help is greatly appreciated!thanks!
This would be a great asset to many of us! I've been working on a simple program in Microsoft Works Database to keep track of all of my customers, thier addresses,what I spend, what I make and so on... It's been a long process as I have no training in any of this! I would love to see/use/buy this program when it is done! Please do keep us posted!A while back there was talk (on another board that I belong to) of a program that you could use to create your 3D cake design. I...
thanks everyone for the compliments! I can't take full credit for this matrix. I received a basic set-up from a woman on the Wilton boards and have tweeked it quite a bit and continue to do so. The new one I am using is a colaboration of the original, what I added and another decorator named Donna. I have a basic for scratch cakes also that I made up for icelady. You can add and change any information in it. Everyone does their sizes different. Mine are based on a 2" x 1"...
I have been decorating cakes for almost 10 years, out of my home. In MI you must have a seperate kitchen, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I just recently got very lucky with my community center. (I've been after them for 2 years to let me use their kitchen.) I wrote a letter to the board members, told them what I do & what I wanted & what I would do for them in exchange for use of the kitchen. It doesn't have to cost alot. Be creative! The things I had to do were 1) get a...
Thank You!
If I use alcohol (specifically whiskey) to replace the water in a cake, do I use the same amount?
The more b/c transfers I do, the better they get. I place my picture with a piece of glass (from photo frame) over it, then a piece of wax paper on top of the glass. Out line the picture on the wax paper, fill in, then put a somewhat thick coat of b/c (something light & fluffy works best, colored to match your base color on the cake so that it blends in) on top of my filled in outline and spread it out. This helps to make it even & give it enough thickness to hold up when...