Posts by auntbeesbaking

Shop Owner:   Larry West .  He has received over 1200 5 star ratings! https://www.etsy.com/listing/67605433/custom-varsity-font-letter-cutters
I'm having trouble figuring out how to find cake decorators in a certain area on CC.   I have a dear family that I did cakes for here in MI and they moved to Christiansburg, VA.  I would like to recommend someone to them.  Can someone help me out?  And, can you tell me how to access info like this on the website?  On the old website, I could find things out so much easier.   Thank you!
I know this may seem really silly, but I can't seem to make my mind think.  I've never used a towering cake stand and not sure about construction for the top tier.   For a wedding tomorrow, someone is making all the cupcakes and I'm doing the 4" top tier cake for the bridal couple to cut.  I know that the nut is screwed into the column, but since I don't have the column or stand here, I'm not familiar how much it will stick up?  And, would I need to tape the...
I really do not like the new look or set up.  Things are so much smaller.  I almost never come on CC anymore.  This is the first time in many, many weeks because I wanted to look up one of the cakes I did.  I'm a little creeped out to see "images from a community gallery" next to all the pics and over 1,000 people viewing.  I think CC has lost it's intimacy.  
Michele's hands down! The taste is better. You can make it ahead of time and it stores likie a dream!
I have no words...well, no nice words anyway! Unthinkable and Unbelievable!
Leah, I just read your post about your dessert truck. I wish you much success and fun. THANK YOU for all the help, tips, comments and advise you've given us; it's been invaluable! I can only hope that somehow we can pay it forward in some small way.You certainly are ending your wedding business with a bang for all that you did this weekend! Kudos to you! It'll be sad not to have you hear on FNCC but we'll always keep you in our hearts here on Friday nights!
My gosh, Leah, I'm tired just reading what you're doing!! I can't even imagine how you do what you do!!! What is your secret??? You have surely secured your place in cake heaven!! I imagine a comfy footstool for you and angels catering to your every whim! You deserve it!!I'm ashamed to admit I'm having a tough time today cranking out 2 very easy cakes - a Captain America shield and an American Flag. My fibromyalgia is flaring and I flat out have no energy. I should...
Making my son and daughter-in-law's 1st Anniversary Cake. Instead of people saving their top tier, I make a FRESH cake. Fortunately, they don't care about the fondant daisies or the cake covered in fondant, they just want the deep, dark chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream.Trying to plan out wedding cake for the 20th since next Friday my 17 year-old has the first stage surgery for reversal of his ileostomy. As soon as he gets released, the wedding cake will be due....
I have baking to do for Sunday for 90 people for an Open House / Grad Party.My friend would like Lemon Bars, Texas Sheet Cakes and Peanut Butter Cookies with no butter (?!).She was thinking 3 tryas of Texas Sheet Cake. I see they are typically done in a jelly roll pan. I do have half sheet cake pans, if I used them would I just double the recipe for the jelly roll pan size? I also have 16 x 16 pans I could use too..would I triple the recipe if I use that pan? Has...