Posts by Stitches

Glad to help.............
It's very subjective to your personal liking.   Generally I really like contrast, so vanilla cake, vanilla cheesecake and amaretto frosting sounds great to me. It's got 3 different flavors technically. The amaretto cheesecake will taste different than the amaretto frosting because of the tang of the cream cheese................so it could be good or could be over load.   Yes, there is only so much liquid you can add to a cheesecake.............but since amaretto is...
I'd buy the least expensive. There used to be differences when they first began making these kinds of mats but that was 10 years or so ago. They all are good now. The Mat isn't meant for baking............so don't try to use that............ha.
THIS, is the correct answer for the OP!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't matter if you use a water bath or not, doesn't matter how long you bake it or at what temp., but you've got to bake it until set (the eggs cook enough to set) at min. 150F. You can make them as thin or thick as you want but they are a CUSTARD and must be treated as one, not over or under baked. Also there are many different textures based on the proportions and the ingredients in the custard (egg & cream cheese...
Yes, if you can, do one or more. Silly people look at wedding cake displays and don't think "hey next event I should order from this cake artist"............so they probably don't realize you do grooms cakes either. You've got to make things painfully obvious......
Wow, that's a really good use of EI ......it does make me think differently about them. Godot how do you use them for monograms on wedding cakes?
I don't want to eat it, even if you can with-out any harm. You can eat bugs too, but I don't want to eat that either. Just a matter of taste.........sometimes things just go too far (IMO).   There's a lot of decorative things I think are attractive but I want it taken off before it's eaten by me or others. I don't look at gum paste figures and go "yum"...... or encourage my clients to eat them either.   see......party pooper.......I'm more into yummy food.......

I guess I'm a bit of a party pooper because I won't put either on large surfaces/cakes that people will eat. I suggest making the cake with the solid silver leaf as a fake dummy cake and use fondant and apply just as you've read.....just another option.
Yes, you're correct. Frosting is easy to adjust because you can taste as you go.........so if you need more chocolate you can add more. Yes, you can add many things to frosting to flavor it anything from spices, oils, peanut butter, nutella, liqueurs, fruit puree's, caramel sauce, etc...   Changing up cake flavors isn't quite as easy, but it's still pretty darn easy. I don't think adding cocoa powder to a vanilla cake mix is as good tasting as buying a chocolate cake...