Posts by Stitches

That would be my explanation too. It happens to some extent with sponge cakes that don't have any additional leavening but the eggs. The kind of cake where you don't spray the pan because the cake needs to cling to the side of the pan as it bakes to support it's structure. Once you cut the cake from the pan it can slouch. Also could happen if your oven dropped temp. halfway through the bake. I just looked up~~titanium dioxide in food...........yuck! I never thought about...
How exciting Liz (I can't wait to hear more details about your bakery)! Have you ever thought of using an induction cook top? I find them to be amazing!! They don't take much space and you can easily move them around like a Cuisinart.They boil water in seconds and I can make a curd or custard in half (or less) time than over a stove. Plus in my area they don't require a vent hood because there is not flame....no chance for a fire.   I've used it for deep frying and...
pass it on..............the help that is.
You can warm it up (don't over heat it) until liquid again in the microwave (easier than a double boiler). Stir it good and if there still are lumps strain it into another bowl to eliminate them. Treat as normal.
It all depends upon the volume of batter you have as to how much flavoring it takes. Remember that too much will change the science of your recipe so it might not bake right. I'd give it a taste test with your GM whipped cream, it might come through in taste better than when tasted alone with-out the whipped cream.
You can add it to whipped cream.   First whip your cream and sugar until it's firm (close to stiff but not stiff) THAN add your liqueur and continue whipping until stiff.   You can safely add 1/2 cup to a quart of cream (maybe more but that's strong enough for me).
Do you ever watch those home buying shows where the host first shows the people the dream house they asked for and shocks them with the price for that dream....than they show them houses in their budget? That's exactly how I handle selling sweet tables. I let them tell me all the things they want than I give them a itemized quote for that. When they are shocked, I bring them down to reality with what wonderful things I can do with-in their budget. I let them pick where...
I find the most profitable way for me to sell sweet tables is a per person price. Least expensive is $5.00 per person, that only includes the food presented and cleared. Any prop's or back drops are additional. http://realcakeinc.com/sweet-tables/ hth
I'm glad you going to try (if I can do it, you can too). Your cakes are too good not to be shown to your best advantage. :)
I couldn't agree more with Liz's recommendation! Definitely hire someone who frees up your time to do the most important things. Even if that means finding domestic help so you can devote more of your time to your business and less around your own home. Otherwise, with decorating and baking help don't forget you really do get what you pay for. If people aren't making a respectable wage working for you they'll probably not stay long. Re-training new employees requires a lot...