Posts by Stitches

I disagree completely. No one will know that a moderator spoke to someone in private and coached them along. That has to happen at times because we can't see each others faces to understand what's kidding and what's not. There is no other way to prevent miss-understandings...........and what's so darn bad with trying to help people write/communicate better? One person see's it as policing and the other see's it as educating. But when done behind the scenes no one knows...
Yes, if your product cost you $5.00 in ingredients and it takes you 1 hour to make that item (You determine how much you need to be paid for that hour) say you need to make $15.00 per hour. You than add $15.00 labor & $15.00 ingredient costs (3X $5.00)...so your product wholesales for $30.00.   The important thing is you have to really know your labor. If it takes you a lot of time to make product, you should not consider selling wholesale as you won't be able to make...
Maybe somewhere in a post similar to ^^^ if the poster showed a laughing smiley we'd all understand the intent of the post. Instead, we are all left to wonder if that's joking or not. (NOT that I enjoy seeing those smiles all over the place, but using them does prevent miss-understandings.) So I flag that post as being argumentative...........and hopefully the moderator pm's the poster and tells them "I get that you were joking, but others might think it was...
If someone's feelings get hurt because they miss-interpreted a members response as hurtful...they should flag the post. Let the moderator read it and respond (briefly) to the op the moderators take of the situation. They pm the op and say "I disagree and think if you look at the response that upset you, you'd find x-member was not being intentionally mean. They were just being direct." Than the op's have to learn how to interpret answers too....because sometimes the...
I sell almost 100% wholesale and I use a straight mark up to set my prices. I triple (ideally I try to sell only product I can x4 my costs) the cost of my product (including labor) to set my wholesale price. That's COMPLETELY based on volume, I have minimum order amounts and charge for delivery. No volume it's my retail price.   THAN how ever much they want to mark up my products cost to their customer is up to them. Wal-Mart/big box places live off of small mark ups...
The new members experience is directly tied to the regular members behavior/ or lack of friendless no, isn't that a major part of this topic? We all could be considered snarky at time, no doubt I'm not perfect either! BUT what happens in time is behavior patterns. Moderators see that over and over, people who's posts are constantly flagged. Some websites do keep lists of those people, yes you could call it a scorecard! They warn those people over and over to stop being...
I've been here for a while and I have to admit there's a lot that I didn't (and still don't) know about this site. I've always gone right into the new posts and only look at them. I don't think I've read one sticky or even noticed them. I don't look at the front page of this forum, don't even know it there is one. So I've completely missed any rules of behavior or guidelines, etc... I never saw any plea's for recruiting moderators. I never flagged any posts unless they...
That's hard to say. Sometimes any food has condensation from the refrigerator and sometimes not. I don't know the exact scientific reason for condensation but a google search would probably tell you....and from that you would try to avoid having any. But if you do have condensation all you have to do is wait until it warms up and that will dry and evaporate. You could use paper towels to dry it too (if it's an iced ganache, not a poured ganache).
Cheesecake is basically a cooked custard, if you think about it. So no, you can't leave a custard out over night. Technically the health dept. rules are 4 hours at room temp. than throw it out. hth
Enga just quoted what was written, I saw them in thread and thought some of them were not nice answers. I can think of far worse really insulting responses that have been written to newbies about pricing. Your taking things personally DD..........which is where and when conflict begins around here.   It seems that the owners of this site need to make their own decisions, at this point there hasn't been any new ideas in 8 or so pages. There's no way to make a decision...