Posts by Stitches

Guys, I've got a request for several hundred cookies, "simple, not frosted, just baked on sprinkles, cheap for kids" they want. BUT after 25* years as a professional pastry chef guess what? I've never made cookies like that and even had to google it just to figure out what the guy meant!     I'm feeling pretty dumb. Not sure why, but I don't think I've even noticed them at bakeries I've shopped at............. I don't have kids....so maybe I just never notice cookies with...
Huh.........a sheet pan is 24"x18".............
HUM............the OP needs to decide how she baked the cakes because she posted two different things in this thread (I bolded the type in her description). Above is her first post saying how she baked them. Putting parchment paper around the inside of the pan will really make the cake cave in on the sides! You can try not greasing the pan at all, so the cake can cling to the sides of the pan while baking. BUT that doesn't always work with a batter like this. A cake high...
The shrinking has to do with how the eggs cooked (protein contracted). I can tell just by looking at them, the recipe is high in egg content. I can't tell you for certainty with-out replicating the recipe multiple times but you said the only factor that changed was the one on the right sat for about 45 minutes before being baked (correct). In that time the egg structure must have relaxed.   So if you whip your eggs less your first cake will turn out more like the second...
Wow, I love the flower on top!!! I just can't imagine my frosting holding that shape for long..... Cakegirls have posted their recipe (on their site) for piping buttercream which is supposed to hold shapes well........but honestly I can't imagine finding the right recipe to hold the shape of that flower. If anyone has that perfect recipe....I hope they post it....please.
They make cello bags with peel off tape tabs so you don't have to heat seal and it's not sealed air tight.   Staples aren't safe!
Is your chocolate garnish going on a warm or hot molten cake? If so, it will melt........use a tuile instead.
In IL, each business has to be separately licensed too. I don't know how they deal with infractions, yet.
Darn it, sorry I can be dyslexic at times. I meant FromScratch who's from San Francisco.
I think you definitely should have posted your thoughts on that thread! I fully support people posting their thoughts about cake topics and disagreeing in threads about caking. That's what makes for a lively discussion and helps people figure out what makes the most sense to them. If you didn't post on that thread because of anything I've written on this thread I believe you've miss-understood the points I tried to make in this thread. I fully support disagreeing points of...