First Frozen Buttercream Transfer

Decorating By stephanie214 Updated 1 Nov 2005 , 3:09am by stephanie214

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 31 Oct 2005 , 3:10pm
post #31 of 35

bakersofcakes,

Thanks so much.

I only use the half and half b/c recipe.

I drew the Care Bear holding a star but when I did the eyes in black and covered with the yellow it was a mess, so I took it off and just put him holding the #7 for her age instead.

Good luck, I can't wait to do another one thumbs_up.gif

Thanks Squirrelly for the response to bakersofcakes for me...can't wait to apply all your information in my next one... YOU ARE THE BOMB!!!!

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 31 Oct 2005 , 4:45pm
post #32 of 35

Heehee, if I am the bomb, are we going to have to evacuate the site?
I always worry about jumping in on a post thread like this when someone asks a question. Sometimes when we have an answer, we jump in and afterwards wonder if we should have kept our tapedshut.gif , haha.
I don't often use parchment bags, because I find the Featherweights easiest on my old hands, but let me tell you...Last transfer had 15 colours in it, I used nearly every Featherweight bag I owned.
I think for anything that we think is going to give us grief, we can add those details afterwards, once it is on the cake.
Heehee, and one of the reasons I do like to do these up ahead, is because if I mess it up, once I take it out of the freezer and realize it, I can make up another one. Which explains why I figured out I could remove it, remove the backing and transfer to a plastic bag and return to the freezer. That is how I check them out ahead of time, haha! There is usually method in my madness!
I think you did an amazing job, this wasn't an easy transfer at all.
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

stephanie214 Posted 1 Nov 2005 , 2:00am
post #33 of 35

That is so cute Squirrelly.

I did another one today for the Halloween cake that I had to do for a lady. Thinking about entering it in the contest, haven't made up my mind yet.

I think that I did everything that you told me to do...this one came out better.

Thanks so much for the tips.

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 1 Nov 2005 , 3:03am
post #34 of 35

Glad it went well Stephanie, I think the more we do, the easier it gets and sometimes the cake gremlins bother someone else, haha!
Hugs Squirrelly

stephanie214 Posted 1 Nov 2005 , 3:09am
post #35 of 35

Thanks...sure hope so.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%