Just For Fun...

Decorating By Lisa Updated 18 Mar 2005 , 4:09pm by m0use

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 4:13am
post #1 of 26

After producing comical wedding cake toppers like Oh No You Don't and Now I Have You, Wilton draws the line at Breakfast Bliss.

http://www.new1.com/jkohl/cartoons/wedding%20cake_350.jpg

25 replies
blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 4:48am
post #2 of 26

Thanks Lisa i was in need of a good laugh thsat is so cute cold but cute lol

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 6:20am
post #3 of 26

Ha Ha! I'd like to see one with hubby in his recliner holding the remote and the wife standing with several babies, one in arms and 2 crawling around her legs!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 2:51pm
post #4 of 26

that is just too funny. icon_biggrin.gif maybe if more brides to be see that, then they will think real hard before taking the plunge. icon_eek.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 26

I wonder who on this site could do those cakes for fun...(both the pic of newspaper, and the one with remote and kids I bet it would turn out cool.

Lisa Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 3:41pm
post #6 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscakes

Ha Ha! I'd like to see one with hubby in his recliner holding the remote and the wife standing with several babies, one in arms and 2 crawling around her legs!

icon_biggrin.gif LOL!

Here's one for today--

I had this awful dream last night...
http://www.offthemarkcartoons.com/cartoons/2004-03-19.gif

It should say Husbands-R-Us. My DH always wants to point really closely at my cakes with his big, pointy finger. Whenever he does this all I see is his finger stabbing into the cake. I always tell him...no pointing! Maybe I'm just neurotic but it annoys me to no end.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 3:44pm
post #7 of 26

And that is why your husband does it, and he will probably say he does it because he loves you or because 'you're beautiful when your angry' icon_mad.gif
When my DH pesters me he says he only does it because he loves me and my life would be so boring with anybody else. icon_rolleyes.gif

Lisa Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 3:55pm
post #8 of 26

That is so true m0use...it's like the I'm Not Touching You game to him. He's usually pointing out my mistakes too so he's not getting any brownie points there. Luckily, I love him more than I love cake decorating. It's by a narrow margin though icon_wink.gif .

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 3:59pm
post #9 of 26

Ya'll are so crazy!!! icon_surprised.gif No wonder I have so much fun talking to you guys!!

jscakes Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 6:51pm
post #10 of 26

I love the Pointer Finger story and picture, funny! Okay, who is up to making their rendition of those cakes? If I had the time right now I would as my dad's birthday is Friday but I have LOTS of wedding cake going for Saturday...and dad is the best with the remote now after 51 years of marriage to mom!

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 7:06pm
post #11 of 26

Wow! Go to lunch an look what I missed! You guys are great!

Debbie

Lisa Posted 16 Mar 2005 , 12:14am
post #12 of 26

I got this in an email--I had to share it with all of you. I'm sure those of you trying to bake with toddlers at home can relate.

Mom's Brownie Recipe

Remove teddy bear from oven and preheat oven to 375.

Melt 1 cup butter in saucepan.

Remove teddy bear from oven and tell Billy no, no.

Add butter to 2 cups sugar.

Take shortening can away from Billy and clean cupboards.

Measure 1/3 cup cocoa.

Take shortening can away from Billy again and bathe cat.

Apply antiseptic and bandages to scratches sustained while removing shortening from cat's tail.

Combine 4 eggs, 2 tsp vanilla, and 1-1/2 cups sifted flour.

Take smoldering teddy bear from oven and open all doors and windows for ventilation.

Measure 1 tsp salt, 1/2 cup nuts and beat all ingredients well.

Let cat out of refrigerator.

Pour mixture into well-greased 9x13-inch pan.

Bake 25 minutes.

Rescue cat and take razor away from Billy. Explain to kids that you have no idea if shaved cats will sunburn. Throw cat outside while there's still time and he's still able to run away.

Frosting

Mix the following in saucepan:

1 cup sugar
1 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/4 cup butter
Take the darn teddy bear out of the @#$% broiler and throw it away -- far away.

Answer the door and meekly explain to nice policeman that you didn't know Billy had slipped out of the house and was heading for the street. Put Billy in playpen.

Add 1/3 cup milk and dash of salt. Bring to a boil and stir constantly for 2 minutes.

Answer door and apologize to neighbor for Billy having stuck a garden hose in man's front door mail slot. Promise to pay for ruined carpet.

Tie Billy to clothesline.

Remove burnt brownies from oven.

curiegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curiegas Posted 16 Mar 2005 , 12:33am
post #13 of 26

That is hilarious. I will send it to my sister since she has toddlers and I know she will appreciate it.

jscakes Posted 16 Mar 2005 , 4:21am
post #14 of 26

Lisa, that is the best! For sure I am forwarding it on to a couple people I know who go through that sequence!!! Thanks for the laughter!

Lisa Posted 16 Mar 2005 , 1:36pm
post #15 of 26

Here's a funny for today.

Why we may never know the secret to having your cake and eating it to...

http://www.offthemarkcartoons.com/cartoons/2003-07-19.gif

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 16 Mar 2005 , 3:28pm
post #16 of 26

Love the funny! Thanks, I needed to get me day off on the right start.

tcturtleshell Posted 16 Mar 2005 , 4:19pm
post #17 of 26

Been there done that!!! My son was just like that... still is & he's turning 18 in May!!!! I hope his kids are just as bad as he was.. IS!!!!!!! LOL!! That was too cute Lisa!

ncz75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncz75 Posted 16 Mar 2005 , 4:36pm
post #18 of 26

that is sooo funny! I have a 26 month old and a 14 month old (thank god for my 6 year old in school now) i make at least one cake a week for someone and around the kitchen, it is a real battle of wills!!!! TOOOOO FUNNNNYYY!!! Thanks for making me laugh!

m0use Posted 16 Mar 2005 , 4:52pm
post #19 of 26

I was thankful for my son- he never wanted to eat the cake, he just wanted the frosting or to lick the beaters from the cake batter.
It was so cute- last night I was looking at one of my pics for a baby shower cake, it's the one that says "Congrats Nou!" that I posted.
My son saw it and said "Is that for a baby?"
I said "Yes."
He said "Awww, that is cute."
icon_biggrin.gif I was so happy and proud of him, I gave him a kiss on the head and told him he was a good kid. ( icon_cry.gif tears of joy)
It's funny- my husband is worse than my son as far as picking on me icon_lol.gif My huband always trys to get my son to pick on me with a cake (like the 'I'm not touching' game) and he never joins, just says no and then in an exsperated tone goes "Daaad" as if Daddy is a big meany for picking on Mommy.

Lisa Posted 16 Mar 2005 , 5:35pm
post #20 of 26

You are so blessed m0use to have such a wonderful son. To all the mommies with little Billy's...God only gives you as much as you can handle. God must have a great deal of confidence in you!

If you aren't too sensitive and you want a good laugh, there's an article from X-Entertainment called Baking Cakes Shaped Like ALF Is Fun. Being from X-E, it's going to have some bad humor (sometimes really bad)--if you can get past that, it's soooo funny! I'm not going to link to it but you can find it by doing a Google search.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 9:27am
post #21 of 26

I have three sons, 14,7,5 (in may) and my 5 year old is the first to take up for me when hubby picks... he says to his daddy, "look you woman guppy, leave my mommy alone!" and jumps on his back and "beats daddy up". He (my 5 year old) "helped" me make a practice cake to test out tips..... it turned out quite different, but it was so cute to see him beaming with pleasure that HE decorated a cake for mommy... he had frosting everywhere on him and a little on the cake! icon_wink.gif

Lisa Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 2:09pm
post #22 of 26

woman guppy--LOL! It sounds like he had a great time decorating himself and a little of the cake...I bet that was sooo cute icon_smile.gif .

Anyone up for another funny?

Cake decorating words of wisdom...
Never leave two dummies in a room together.
http://www.york.ac.uk/res/sots/images/putty.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 4:43pm
post #23 of 26

My hubby doesn't come near the kitchen when I'm baking & decorating! He says I'm in my own little world when I'm decorating & he doesn't want to bother me. I think he's scared!! icon_lol.gif I have finally trained the dog & cat to stay out of the kitchen. When they see me in there they lay by the entrance & watch every move I make. When I drop something like batter or icing my dog hears it drop & he starts whinning!! I let him come in just long enough to lick the icing off the floor & then out he goes!! thumbs_up.gif I wish I could train my teenage son that easy!!!! He won't stay away. He picks on me until I start yelling then he leaves. My daughter helps me so I allow her in the kitchen! thumbs_up.gif

Lisa Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 4:52pm
post #24 of 26

You are sooo lucky...you even have your own cleaning crew icon_biggrin.gif I wish my DH was afraid of me. After I've finished a cake and put it up for safe keeping...he starts talking about how he's in the mood for cake! Someday I'm going to make a dummy cake just for him icon_twisted.gif .

Lisa Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 3:14pm
post #25 of 26

Here's a funny for today icon_biggrin.gif

Cake decorator's advice to the bride.

Do not let your fiancee watch food network...
http://www.inhisgrip.net/Wedding_Cake_Cartoon.jpg

m0use Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 4:09pm
post #26 of 26

icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%