Buzz Lightyear Cake

Decorating By Aimster279 Updated 28 Mar 2005 , 8:34pm by m0use

Aimster279 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aimster279 Posted 13 Mar 2005 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 15

I have a round edible image of Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story but would like some creative ideas on how to use it.

Any ideas would be great!!

Amy

14 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 13 Mar 2005 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 15

I don't know what the image looks like but you could put it on a cake shaped like a rocket ship. The image could be the round window looking inside.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 13 Mar 2005 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 15

OK well what does the transfer look like?? just his face, upper body, full body????
Maybe we can come up with some ideas for you once we know..
I will start thinking and looking and see if I can help with ideas... they arent my best attribute, but I will try and help ya! thumbs_up.gif

Aimster279 Posted 14 Mar 2005 , 1:21am
post #4 of 15

Thanks for the replies.

Here is a link to what it looks like:

http://thepartyworks.com/product_info.php?ref=58&products_id=518&affiliate_banner_id=1

Thanks again!!!

Amy icon_biggrin.gif

awela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awela Posted 14 Mar 2005 , 1:36am
post #5 of 15

I would try to extend the decoration of the edible image to the rest of the cake. I mean orange colored ground and the grayish/blue universe. Also I will try to match the borders with the image colors. Good luck and let us know!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 14 Mar 2005 , 5:04pm
post #6 of 15

You could also put some LGM's (Little Green Men) along the sides of the cakes.

Aimster279 Posted 14 Mar 2005 , 6:53pm
post #7 of 15

Thanks for the ideas ladies. I think I'm gonna try to do the orange/blue background and add some stars/planets.

flayvurdfun Posted 20 Mar 2005 , 8:35am
post #8 of 15

icon_rolleyes.gif hmmm, couldnt you continue the scene behind Buzz to look like the whole top of the cake is just like the image? icon_razz.gif It might create an illusion of a true picture. icon_cool.gif and probably look like no other cake made.... it may also kind of hide the image part..... and make people look twice!~ icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

(Oh I see where Awela thought of the same thing, I posted before I read all of the other posts.)

awela Posted 21 Mar 2005 , 2:04pm
post #9 of 15

Flayvurdifun, I'm sorry but can you clarify your comment to me? I cannot make sense of it. I'll be here awaiting......

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 21 Mar 2005 , 2:21pm
post #10 of 15

icon_biggrin.gif LOL sounds like she is saying to continue the picture to your cake. Exactly what awela said. Match the colors the best you can and keep going with the image. That would look amazing, it would look like the picture came to life because you would have the entire cake looking 3D. Good luck..
P.S. After looking at the picture again, I would go with the green on buzzlightyear's outfit for the border of the cake..

flayvurdfun Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 8:35am
post #11 of 15

Thats what I was saying. I posted before I continued to read, and you already suggested the same thing as I did.... I just get excited when I can actually add something and if the idea pops in my head then I go with it before I forget..... icon_cry.gif

awela Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 2:01pm
post #12 of 15

flyvurdfun, That's so funny, sometimes I do the same. You made me laugh as I picture you as the little girl in your user's icon. lol

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 5:34pm
post #13 of 15

If you have an airbrush you could airbrush Blue and Orange for the background...If not you could use the wilton sprays!!

Aimster279 Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 8:14pm
post #14 of 15

Thanks again ladies for all the tips etc. I posted a pic of it in the birthday cake gallery for all to see as well as a #1 cake for my daughter. It was my first EI. LOL

icon_smile.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 8:34pm
post #15 of 15

Good job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%