Sweet 16 Cake Idea Request!!

Decorating By sumaram Updated 7 Nov 2005 , 1:14am by RaRaRobyn

sumaram Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sumaram Posted 23 Oct 2005 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 6

I would like all of you to suggest me as to what kind of Sweet 16 cake can I bake.Thanks in advance for all your idea's.
icon_smile.gif

5 replies
gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 23 Oct 2005 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 6

I assume this is for a girl, right? Do you know what her interests are? What are her favorite colors?

If she's excited about getting her driver's licence, like I was, you could do something around that.

Also, there are so many things that are "hip" for that age that you could do a cake around, for example the retro look. You could incorporate a volkswagon, peace signs, and flowers.

gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 23 Oct 2005 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 6

Otherwise, to get some inspiration, you might look at some of the Quinceanera (sp?) cakes that are on here. There are some great ones. Here is the link.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=61

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 3 Nov 2005 , 9:54pm
post #4 of 6

I've had an idea for a while now, but I've got nephews so I'm unable to use.

You could do a stacked tier cake and make the top cake using Wilton's wonder mold (Barbie dress). On the first side of the stacked cake you could write happy sweet 16 or something like that.

pinkflamingo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkflamingo Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 6

I just made a sweet 16 cake in the shape of a wrapped present. I iced it in orange buttercream and added small bubble gum balls in orange and yellow all around. I used fondant to create a striped bow and had a large lollipop standing out of the center with candy sticks in between the loops. It was a fun play on the "sweet" side of the celebration.

RaRaRobyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaRaRobyn Posted 7 Nov 2005 , 1:14am
post #6 of 6

How about a telephone?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%