Cookie Cups? Cookie Muffins? Not Sure What They Are Called

Baking By smileyface Updated 25 Oct 2005 , 5:43pm by MrsMissey

smileyface Posted 22 Oct 2005 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 8

My hubby has asked for these for his birthday next week. I am not sure what they are called but they look like a cookie baked probably in a mini muffin tin. We had them a few times from a cookie store while we were station in VA. The middle dipped in kinda like a tart and was filled with frosting I think. Anyone know what I am talking about?? icon_rolleyes.gif I am guessing I just put some dough in the mini muffin pan after I grease it and swish them down and up the sides. He wants chocolate chips with chocolate filling. I am hoping maybe someone here has done them.

Any help or suggestions?


7 replies
bonniebakes Posted 22 Oct 2005 , 9:22pm
post #2 of 8

sorry, I don't have a recipe. But they sound yummy!

Happygrl Posted 22 Oct 2005 , 10:54pm
post #3 of 8

I've made something that sounds similar. And that is exactly how I did them--make my cookie dough, form them around the inside of a mini muffin tin, bke and then fill with frosting.

momlovestocook Posted 22 Oct 2005 , 11:52pm
post #4 of 8

I knew I'd seen(and made) a similar recipe. I have Martha's cookie magazine she put out a few years ago and finally remembered it was in there. It's called thumbprints.
Here's the recipe link

The recipe doesn't have chocolate chips but if he really wants them I would put the mini ones in instead of the large. Just be careful when you put your thumb in the hot cookie(especially with chocolate chips!). I have a little wooden thing for the mini muffin tin that I got from pampered chef that would probably work if you have one of those. It has a ball on each end to help form tarts in the muffin tin. I know I have probably totally confused you LOL(my head is all stuffed up and not sure if I'm thinking clearly LOL).


aliciaL_77 Posted 25 Oct 2005 , 3:41am
post #5 of 8

another good one: peanut butter cookie dough in the mini muffin tins and when you pull them out of the oven, place a mini peanut butter cup in the center... YUMMY!

HeatherMari Posted 25 Oct 2005 , 3:59pm
post #6 of 8

I think I know exactly what you are talking about. They used to be available at our local Mrs. Fields Cookie Shop but they don't carry them anymore thumbsdown.gif . I used to get them all the time. They had mini ones and full size ones. I'm not exactly sure how they made them though. I would think they would be made in a muffin tin. I have the Pampered Chef tool too that is used for tarts and I would think that would work. I did try them once but they puffed up too much. Maybe if you put the dough in the tin, pressed it around to form the cup, bake them and then press the middle in again if they puff up?!? Also, they were difficult to get out of the pan so grease it really well! Then you could just let them cool and fill with buttercream or whatever.

llee815 Posted 25 Oct 2005 , 4:47pm
post #7 of 8

aliciaL, I love your idea for using peanut butter cookies and peanut butter cups. My husband loves both of those. I'll be sure to make it for him sometime. He'll love 'em!

MrsMissey Posted 25 Oct 2005 , 5:43pm
post #8 of 8
Originally Posted by aliciaL_77

another good one: peanut butter cookie dough in the mini muffin tins and when you pull them out of the oven, place a mini peanut butter cup in the center... YUMMY!

I have a receipe that is very similar to that but it is a chocolate cupcake with a Peanut Butter cup pushed in the center!

Quote by @%username% on %date%