Edible Images...where Can I Get Them Made

Decorating By rhopar33 Updated 5 Feb 2007 , 2:47pm by JasonL

rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 8

I was contacted by a kid's entertainment/birthday party company who would like for me to be their exclusive supplier of b-day cakes. They want a simple sheet cake (about 8-10 per month) and they want something with their logo on it. I really don't want to do 8-10 FBCT so I was wondering if anyone knows where if there is somewhere I can send a copy of the logo to get an edible image made? Does Sam's or Wal-Mart offer this Service? Is there a reasonable company online I can get this from? I can't afford to invest in the edible image printer right now until I know this will be a lasting relationship.

Thanks,
Rhonda

7 replies
MillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MillyCakes Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 1:46pm
post #2 of 8

I always get mine from Wal-Mart. However, if it is a company logo they might not do it.

cakesbykellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykellie Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 1:47pm
post #3 of 8

ive gotten mine at the local grocery store bakery.. i think it was $7. Walmart does them as well BUT i asked them to photo copy a book cover and Walmart wouldnt do it due to copyright infringement. Grocery store had no problem with it though. I'm sure there must be an online place to get several at a time... since you are looking for several of the same? It will probably be more cost efective for you do get a new printer andall the supplies in the near future. good luck with this!

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 1:47pm
post #4 of 8

I have checked into this and did a search online and the best I could come up with was like 11.00 a piece with shipping which was costly and it ate into the profits too much. I'm in Ohio and our Giant Eagle grocery store does them for 8.00 and it's on the spot no shipping, so I found that the best for me unless of course you buy the edible image printer. Have fun baking............ icon_biggrin.gif

rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 1:55pm
post #5 of 8

Ok, I'll call my local Sam's and Wal-Mart today. If it looks like this will be long-trm, I may make the printer investment, but I hate to do that if it is short lived!

Thanks for the quick responses!

Rhonda

JasonL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JasonL Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 2:30pm
post #6 of 8

If it is for a company I would get a copyright release, otherwise walmart want do it if it looks like something that is copyrighted. I tried to get a page of the King James bible printed and the girl said it was copyrighted and I asked here if I need to go to back to 1611 and get a release from King James. LOL

mcchick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcchick Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 2:39pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonL

If it is for a company I would get a copyright release, otherwise walmart want do it if it looks like something that is copyrighted. I tried to get a page of the King James bible printed and the girl said it was copyrighted and I asked here if I need to go to back to 1611 and get a release from King James. LOL

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Cracking Up!!!!!

I've had the same experience with WM. They are very particular.

JasonL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JasonL Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 2:47pm
post #8 of 8

I forgot to say that I found a local supermarket that do cakes and I had no problem getting them to print off, other than the black turned out with a green tint to it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%