Wedding Cake Question...nedd Answer Asap Plz

Decorating By CAubert20 Updated 21 Oct 2005 , 2:26pm by peg818

CAubert20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAubert20 Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 1:07pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, I put my cakes in the fridge but I have not put the red dots on it. Should I do that now, before I go, or wait until I get there. I just don't want the dots to stain the white cake. Please help...ASAP.

5 replies
peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 1:15pm
post #2 of 6

I thinkI would wait. A refrigerator has a funny way of messing things up. Good luck!

mamafrogcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamafrogcakes Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 1:16pm
post #3 of 6

What red dots? BC or fondant? When are you delivering?

CAubert20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAubert20 Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 1:28pm
post #4 of 6

BC dots. I am delivering this morning but I will be placing it into another fridge until tomorrow right before the wedding. If I put the dots on now they will be put into the fridge again then taken out at around 4:00. What should I do. I'm just concerned the red dots will bleed on the white.

mamafrogcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamafrogcakes Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 1:46pm
post #5 of 6

I have never had a problem with BC bleeding onto BC. Any colors in fact. And I usually put all my cakes in the fridge before delivery. I remember reading someone saying they had a problem with black bleeding but that was after a FBCT.
If you are worried about it AND have the time and opportunity to do it before the wedding then go ahead. The way I am with last minute stuff, I would rather chance it then have to put dots on a cake at the last minute!
I think it should be fine though icon_smile.gif

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 2:26pm
post #6 of 6

it should be fine, The only time i have had colors bleed like that is if the cake is covered in plastic. I believe its because the condensation formed under the plastic in that case. When the cake was just in a box i haven't had a problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%