Turtleshell's Fd Wedding Cake!!

Decorating By tcturtleshell Updated 11 Jul 2005 , 7:57pm by ntertayneme

tcturtleshell Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 10:47pm
post #1 of 19

Hey to all my cake central Friends!!! icon_smile.gif

Just wanted to let ya'll know that I just posted a few pictures of my FD wedding cake!!! I am so excited about it!!! icon_lol.gif Please let me know what you think about the whole thing, cake, display & all ok!!! I trust your opinions. So even if you notice something wrong please let me know. I will only learn from that. The cake isn't level... it has a few smudges in it because of my hubbys fingers, I didn't get the FD red color that I wanted because I ran out of coloring! And of course there are other things. But let me know!!! Thanks so much for all the tips & help with this!!!!!!!! My real wedding cake will be a big success!!!!!
Your crazy friend, ~Tina~ icon_biggrin.gif

ps. I went to my cake supply today w/ the pics... They said I could sell that cake for $500 here in Lousiana!!!!!!! That would be wonderful!!!!!!! WOWeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

18 replies
MrsMissey Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 1:15pm
post #2 of 19

Took some time and looked at all your cakes.........WOW, you are doing a terrific job!!

peacockplace Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 1:22pm
post #3 of 19

TC... is it the one with the ladders on it?? I think the set up is great. I love all the fire stuff. I hope I'm looking at the right cake. Didn't you have pics of it posted before? I love the newest cake you posted. The ruffle around the bottom is perfect. I can't do those for anything! Good work on all your cakes... they're great!

MrsMissey Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 1:31pm
post #4 of 19

..it was an old post that went by without any response, so I thought I would bump it up to make sure everyone saw it! I just hate seeing posts go by without getting some recognition!

cakegal Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 1:55pm
post #5 of 19

Yep... I agree.... Terrific job on the cake...
Keep on baking..

Andicake Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 2:06pm
post #6 of 19

Your cakes are beautiful!! Great job!

tcturtleshell Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 2:09pm
post #7 of 19

Thanks guys! I just got on CC & noticed this post. I had forgotten about it! LOL! Thanks for the very sweet comments! Yes, it is the big fat one w/ the crooked ladders. My first large wedding cake! It was soooo much work! It wasn't for an actual wedding. It was a practice cake for another wedding. I had never done stacking before so I knew I had to practice! I brought it to the FD where we are members & used all of the other Fire Fighters & EMS personnel as my guenie pigs! It was a complete success!!

Thanks again for bumping this up MrsMissey~

MrsMissey Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 2:18pm
post #8 of 19

..lol...you're welcome..I thought it deserved some recoginition!

Mchelle Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 3:06pm
post #9 of 19

Love the cake TC, you did a great job. thumbs_up.gif

ump107 Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 4:57am
post #10 of 19

From one Firefighter to another that is an outstanding cake. The apparatus and the Fire-Bear on the top are a great touch. I'm sorry I didn't see this post earlier.
Keep up the good work.

Misska21 Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 5:50am
post #11 of 19

Great job Tina! You should be really proud of your talent!

flayvurdfun Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 6:56am
post #12 of 19

Tina doesnt give herself enough credit.....her work is spectacular!

galaglow Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 7:01am
post #13 of 19

Hi! I missed this one too. I was just browsing your pics and you have some spectacular cakes!

SweetCreations Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 7:11am
post #14 of 19

Hey Tina,
LOVE The Cakes, All of 'em! I really Love the bunch of Roses too. they are Great!
~Sweet~ =0)

diane Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 11:25am
post #15 of 19

that is gorgeous!!! well done! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

msbask Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 12:20pm
post #16 of 19

I think for the ladders, you should just use a ruler and press it into the cake. Then you can follow the indentations and have perfectly straight ladders!

Otherwise....... excellent!

KATE39 Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 12:41pm
post #17 of 19

tcturtleshell Posted 11 Jul 2005 , 7:54pm
post #18 of 19

Thanks everyone!! That cake almost made me stop decorating!!! It was a lot of work!!! Tasted great!! That's why I use the Sour Cream yellow cake recipe from the Cake Mix Dr.'s book for all my yellow cake orders.. It is delicious!! I have finally perfected it & get rave reviews!! It's yummy!!

The ladders were a last minute thing. I thought it needed more decoration. I was going to put the yellow caution tape (we have at the FD) all around the tiers but I couldn't find any un-used tape at the FD. All of the tape I found was dirty! Didn't want that touching the cake, ha ha!!

The border wasn't the FD red I wanted. I ran out of red coloring!! I had to use what I had. For my 1st stacked cake I think I did pretty good! I learned a lot from this practice cake!!

The only thing I do different know when I stack cakes is NOT use my daughter Mandy to cut the dowels for me!! She didn't have them even. Oh, well she's still my assistant w/ everything else!!

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

ntertayneme Posted 11 Jul 2005 , 7:57pm
post #19 of 19

I just loved the idea you used .. it was very fitting tc .. awesome job on it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%