Argentinian Frill Tubes... Help?

Decorating By ilithiya Updated 11 Mar 2005 , 2:33am by Lisa

ilithiya Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 8

I just got a lot of 40-something deco tips off of eBay that came today in the mail... heh. I've never seen a brass tip before icon_smile.gif

Anyway, while I didn't get what I thought I saw, it was more than made up for... 12 of them are shiny new Parpen frill/asst tubes, and a steal at what works out to be 39 cents apiece!! *bounces* icon_biggrin.gif

Now, is there somewhere online that anyone knows of where I can see what these tips do in action, since I can't visualize some of these bad boys, or is my only recourse going to be to seek out an Argentinian book or a few in the hopes that I find pics? I've seen how much some of the Argentinian books go for on eBay, and it's shocking. icon_eek.gif

Anyway, thanks for any help! *smooches*


7 replies
Mchelle Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 8

Here's a website that I found, maybe this will help. Also, try ask jeeves.

m0use Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 8

Found their website:
But it's not in English icon_cry.gif

Mchelle Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 8:10pm
post #4 of 8

I know that these are foreign tubes, but do any of them look like these tubes. Sorry, if it doesn't help.

At least you can see the tip close up.

Lisa Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 8:38pm
post #5 of 8

I have the marpol frill set. This is similar to the bakery craft set so I wonder if yours are similar to these. Maybe these pics will help if they are.



Mchelle Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 8:42pm
post #6 of 8

Lisa, how often do you use these tips? Are they worth the pennies? Just curious. The designs they make look pretty.

ilithiya Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 8:46pm
post #7 of 8

Lisa - thank you! I'd seen the pics of the Marpols before, but not the one for the Bakery Crafts tips w/ the examples. Thank you!

Do I need to wiggle the tip when I use them, like with rose tip ruffles, or will they do that "gathered" look on their own?

Thank you!!


Lisa Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 2:33am
post #8 of 8

Hi Illy...that's whats amazing about these tips. You just move it and out pops a ruffle with a border. The one I use the most is #415.

Mchelle...If I could go back, I would have only bought the 415 instead of the entire set. Maybe I'll find a use for the others. I always thought the 414 would make an awesome border for a puffed heart cake. It would look like a pillow.

If you look at my cake photos, I used the 415 on the princess dora and put a shell border on top of it. On the one with the baby in a highchair, I used it to put a border around the image. It's become one of my favorite tips.

Quote by @%username% on %date%