ilithiya Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 6:36pm
post #1 of

I just got a lot of 40-something deco tips off of eBay that came today in the mail... heh. I've never seen a brass tip before icon_smile.gif

Anyway, while I didn't get what I thought I saw, it was more than made up for... 12 of them are shiny new Parpen frill/asst tubes, and a steal at what works out to be 39 cents apiece!! *bounces* icon_biggrin.gif

Now, is there somewhere online that anyone knows of where I can see what these tips do in action, since I can't visualize some of these bad boys, or is my only recourse going to be to seek out an Argentinian book or a few in the hopes that I find pics? I've seen how much some of the Argentinian books go for on eBay, and it's shocking. icon_eek.gif

Anyway, thanks for any help! *smooches*

Illy[/i]

7 replies
Mchelle Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 6:48pm
post #2 of

Here's a website that I found, maybe this will help. Also, try ask jeeves.

http://www.gumnutcakes.com.au/paper.htm

m0use Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 7:02pm
post #3 of

Found their website:
http://www.parpen.com.ar/
But it's not in English icon_cry.gif

Mchelle Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 8:10pm
post #4 of

I know that these are foreign tubes, but do any of them look like these tubes. Sorry, if it doesn't help.

www.atecousa.com/atecocatalog.pdf

At least you can see the tip close up.

Lisa Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 8:38pm
post #5 of

I have the marpol frill set. This is similar to the bakery craft set so I wonder if yours are similar to these. Maybe these pics will help if they are.

Mchelle Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 8:42pm
post #6 of

Lisa, how often do you use these tips? Are they worth the pennies? Just curious. The designs they make look pretty.

ilithiya Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 8:46pm
post #7 of

Lisa - thank you! I'd seen the pics of the Marpols before, but not the one for the Bakery Crafts tips w/ the examples. Thank you!

Do I need to wiggle the tip when I use them, like with rose tip ruffles, or will they do that "gathered" look on their own?

Thank you!!

Illy

Lisa Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 2:33am
post #8 of

Hi Illy...that's whats amazing about these tips. You just move it and out pops a ruffle with a border. The one I use the most is #415.

Mchelle...If I could go back, I would have only bought the 415 instead of the entire set. Maybe I'll find a use for the others. I always thought the 414 would make an awesome border for a puffed heart cake. It would look like a pillow.

If you look at my cake photos, I used the 415 on the princess dora and put a shell border on top of it. On the one with the baby in a highchair, I used it to put a border around the image. It's become one of my favorite tips.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%