Need A Recipie/chocolate Cake

Decorating By Cherylmm Updated 3 Feb 2007 , 8:41pm by jovigirl

Cherylmm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cherylmm Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone have a recipie for, a from scratch ,rich and moist dark chocolate cake? Not just a regular chocolate cake. Thanks in advane for all replies.

8 replies
springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 5:46pm
post #2 of 9

check the recipes tab.

lkfarley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkfarley Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 9

Here is my favorite chocolate cake recipe

Deep Dark Chocolate Cake:

2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cups cocoa
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
2 t. vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
1 cup boiling water

Combine dry ingredients, stir to mix. Add vanilla, eggs, milk, and oil, mix well (will be thick). Slowly add boiling water, mix well (will be thin). Place in a greased and floured pan (will fill 9 by 13 pan or 2 rounds). Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes! Really moist and rich! A family favorite!!! ENJOY!!!

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 9

I have a good scratch chocolate cake recipe . . . it is pretty moist and chocolatey but when you say you don't want just a regular chocolate cake, I'm not sure if this is "different" enough for you. It's Scott Clark Woolley's FUDGE BROWNIE CAKE. It really is good, and if you use high quality cocoa you get such a better chocolate flavor than if you just use the regular grocery store kind (Hershey's, etc . . . ). Here's the recipe in case you want to try it:

Sift together and reserve:
3 c. flour
1 1/2 cups cocoa
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

Cream:
3/4 cups butter
2 cups sugar

Then, add until creamy:
3 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla

Mix in the dry ingredients that your reserved from above.

To this, add 1 1/2 cups boiling water or hot coffee.

Bake in a 300 degree oven for approx. 35 minutes until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. (may have to bake a little longer than stated since it's a low temp).

Yields: 2 9" round cakes (or approx. 36 cupcakes)

This recipe also recommends that you flip the cakes out of the pans after 5 minutes and immediately wrap in saran wrap to trap in the moisture from the steam.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 8:16pm
post #5 of 9

Oooh, I'm liking this thread icon_biggrin.gif

Here's a previous chocolate cake thread:
(both doctored and scratch recipes)

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-15039-.html

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 8:26pm
post #6 of 9

"Miracle Whip" Chocolate Cake
I won a blue ribbon at the Elkhart county fair with this easy recipe.
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp. soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup salad dressing
1 cup water
1 tsp.vanilla
Sift dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour into a well greased and floured 10 inch bundt pan. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 35 to 45 mins. Allow to cool for exactly 10 minutes, and then place a serving plate over the cake pan and invert. The cake should release immediately. Allow to finish cooling. Either dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with a thin glaze. (If the cake is allowed to cool for more than 10 minutes, it will stick to the pan. I usually set a timer to remind me to flip the cake out.)

I have baked this as a 9" layer cake also just reduce the baking time. This is heavy, dense cake.

kaymac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaymac Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 8:31pm
post #7 of 9

Yummy Chocolate Cake
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. soda
1 c. butter
1/2 c. cooca
2 eggs, beaten
2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. water
1/2 c. buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla

Stir together flour, sugar, soda and salt. In saucepan, combine butter, water, cocoa. Cook, stirring constantly, until it comes to a rolling boil. Add boiling mixture to dry ingredients and blend with electric mixer. Stir in buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Bake at 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Leave in pan and while cake is very warm, pour warm icing over cake.
Icing:
1 stick butter
6 Tbl. milk
3 1/2 Tbl. cocoa
1 c. chopped nuts
1 tsp. vanilla
1 box powdered sugar
Combine butter, milk, cocoa in saucepan and cook until it comes to a boil. Add powdered sugar, nuts and vanilla. Mix well and pour over cake.

kaymac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaymac Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 8:36pm
post #8 of 9

Someone posted a chocolate cake using Miracle Whip (salad dressing)..I've made that one before and it is good....there is also a Hershey Chocolate cake recipe I have but, I bet you could find it at the Hershey website....try the one using the Miracle Whip sometime...you won't be sorry...

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 8:41pm
post #9 of 9

I'm sooo hungry now!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%