Has Anyone Tried Wasc For 3-D Bear?

Decorating By faithsfancifuls Updated 4 Feb 2007 , 1:19am by loriemoms

faithsfancifuls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faithsfancifuls Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 7

I would like to try making the WASC cake after reading how many of you rave about it... I also need to make a superbowl cake (DA Bears!!) and am trying to kill two birds with one stone. Has anyone tried this and had great results or is it too light because it is a white cake??
Thanks and Happy Superbowl!!
Faith icon_smile.gif

6 replies
cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 7

I think this recipe would work fine for the bear pan. The cake is very sturdy. Hope this helps.

Cindy

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 11:56pm
post #3 of 7

I've tried it with my modified version of the WASC recipe. (I used yellow cake mix instead of white) I tried it twice and it didn't work out well either time. It just didn't really hold the shape... I ended up beheading my bear and sticking the head on stacked round cakes.

I've been planning on trying the WASC with a mix of pound cake replacing one of the mixes, but haven't had the chance yet.

GL! icon_smile.gif
Courtney

faithsfancifuls Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 12:39am
post #4 of 7

Thanks for your feedback ...Think I will stick to the regular pound plus normal cake...Thanks for saving me the hassle!! icon_smile.gif

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 12:47am
post #5 of 7

Ok I give..what is a WASC cake?

faithsfancifuls Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 12:59am
post #6 of 7

White Almond Sour Cream Cake.... raved about by fellow CCers... icon_smile.gif

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 1:19am
post #7 of 7

ah! hahahahah!

I LOVE that recipe. I have used it a million times, except I use whole eggs. I also have used it for all kinds of different cake mixes, even orange cake mix and it turned out great!!

I have used it for wedding cakes, and sculpted cakes with no problem, but it won't work for a stand up bear cake pan for instance. you need something stronger, that has like pudding in it. I never tried this recipe with the pound cake mix but I have made the stand up bear using the lemon cake pound cake recipe that is posted here except used yellow cake instead, and no lemon juice. It turned out perfect!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%