Taste Of Home's Creative Cakes Contest

Decorating By nokddng Updated 25 May 2007 , 9:54pm by stlalohagal

nokddng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nokddng Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 1:14pm
post #1 of 17

I love this magazine. Check out their new contest.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Misc_Pages2/contest_05.aspx

16 replies
cakedeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedeco Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 1:35pm
post #2 of 17

This is awesome. It does not cost anything to enter. Is anyone entering the contest.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 17

YEA! I'm entering The Cake from He--! Except I'll now have to change the name to The Trilogy Cake 3!

Beth in KY

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 2:37pm
post #4 of 17

I just tried to submit something but the link doesn't seem to be working yet. I'll have to remember to check back. Thanks for letting us know!

campbelland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
campbelland Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 17

I did, I sent my photo in 2 weeks ago. Sandy

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 9 Feb 2007 , 3:17pm
post #6 of 17

Thanks for the link!

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 10 Feb 2007 , 5:35pm
post #7 of 17

I was thinking of entering. I just read about it in the magazine yesterday.

Sprinkles07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sprinkles07 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 5:03pm
post #8 of 17

thanks for the link...I will definately have to enter one of my cakes into this.

Good Luck everyone icon_smile.gif

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 1:58pm
post #9 of 17

I have a question....

am I reading this right?....can you just e-mail all the info to them? I didn't see a link for an online entry form...just a downloadable one that you would mail in.

Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 6:24am
post #10 of 17

Adven68-
I had the same problem and it took me 3 emails to finally get an answer that wasn't automated. They told me I could download my photo with the details about it directly to them. The picture has to be no bigger than a certain size but mine were slightly larger so I hope it will be ok.

Give it a try!
KimAZ

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 1:00pm
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAZ

Adven68-
I had the same problem and it took me 3 emails to finally get an answer that wasn't automated. They told me I could download my photo with the details about it directly to them. The picture has to be no bigger than a certain size but mine were slightly larger so I hope it will be ok.

Give it a try!
KimAZ

Thanks KimAZ...I will try it out. I haven't sent anything via snail mail in ages!!!! icon_lol.gif

GIAcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIAcakes Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 3:02am
post #12 of 17

does anyone know when the winners will be announced?

stlalohagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlalohagal Posted 3 May 2007 , 4:28am
post #13 of 17

Has anyone heard anything yet? I checked their website and it's no longer posted so it's obviously closed, not the site, but the contest! icon_smile.gif

I was just curious as I cleaned off my desk (rare occasion!) and came across my submission. Didn't know when the publication is to arrive with the photos/winners listed? Did it say what issue? My print out didn't have that much detail.

Thanks!

- Paula

stlalohagal Posted 21 May 2007 , 4:24am
post #14 of 17

UPDATE!!! The winners were just decided last week. They will be in the Aug/Sept issue.

I don't know if I should mention this or not... I only know because I got a call on Wednesday and it was Taste of Home Magazine. No I didn't win any of the four categories in the contest. However, she did asked if they could feature one of my cake submissions from the contest for their Dec/Jan issue... Ok, you can pick me up off the floor now... icon_surprised.gif I just finished sending her the instructions and what not on the cake. Now I have to do a little bio on me - something short and sweet - and a photo! I'm glad it's a Dec/Jan issue as I already feel like the little kid on Christmas morning that can't wait to open her present!!!

Well, I just had to share. I hope someone here won one of the categories. I know we have a lot of very talented people up here. Please let us know if you have been contacted. They received over 4,000 entries. I told the lady that called that it was posted on Cake Central and we have a large following.

Thanks all!!!

- Paula

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 21 May 2007 , 4:27am
post #15 of 17

Thank you Paula for the update. I've been wondering when it would be announced too.

Please share which cake of yours will be featured. Is it posted here at CC? We'd love to see it!
CONGRATS to you!!! How cool is that?!?!

KimAZ

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 22 May 2007 , 12:01am
post #16 of 17

Congratulations Paula....I was also contacted last week. They told me I was one of the finalists, but i'm not sure where that places me. They will let me know, but they did ask me to send a larger picture for them to publish. Apparently the one I sent was too small. I was like you...doing the happy dance all over my apartment!! Mine should be posted in the Aug/Sept issue!!

Thanks everyone for posting this contest!!

Patrice

stlalohagal Posted 25 May 2007 , 9:54pm
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAZ

Thank you Paula for the update. I've been wondering when it would be announced too.

Please share which cake of yours will be featured. Is it posted here at CC? We'd love to see it!
CONGRATS to you!!! How cool is that?!?!

KimAZ

Sorry, I've not been on much, just trying to catch up to myself lately. Anyway, the cake to be featured is in my gallery, it's one of my Christmas cakes... the single layer 10" with the brush embroidery technique on the holly with the pine boughs.

Patrice -- Congrats to you to!!! Please share your photo as well!!! I can't wait to see the issues when they come out. I just got the June/July one.

- Paula

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%