flayvurdfun Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 3:52pm
post #1 of

OK,white sugar is regular granulated sugar right, not 10x? I am 40 years old and I don't think I have ever heard that term so I am just making sure? I feel real stupid asking but I had to.... icon_redface.gif

6 replies
Mchelle Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 3:56pm
post #2 of

Good Question! I would think that it would be, but I don't know.

cakeconfections Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 3:59pm
post #3 of

10x is powdered sugar, i know that for sure. And whenever I have read or heard someone refer to white sugar that have been talking about granulated sugar. But you just never know...

MrsMissey Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 4:07pm
post #4 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by flayvurdfun

OK,white sugar is regular granulated sugar right, not 10x? I am 40 years old and I don't think I have ever heard that term so I am just making sure? I feel real stupid asking but I had to.... icon_redface.gif

If a recipe says white sugar, it means regular...I think they put that in there so it's not confused with Brown sugar!

flayvurdfun Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 5:39pm
post #5 of

Thats what I thought.... I feel better now..... I'm not stupid! icon_wink.gif

linnburg Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 6:19pm
post #6 of

What about super fine granulated sugar? Has anyone found a reason to use this? A recipe I was trying out called for this, so I sent my husband out to get it for me. It was expensive (compared to what I pay for 25 lbs. at Costco), and I couldn't really see that it made any difference. I have never bought it again. But, is there a use for it? Or is it just advertising hype?

Sandi

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 8:04pm
post #7 of

I use the super fine baker's sugar when making meringue (as for pies). It dissolves much better- no weeping meringue!!

You want to use it whenever you need to make sure ALL sugar is dissolved.

FYI (just a fun trivia fact) powdered sugar is regular sugar processed with cornstarch. Yo can actually make it home! But it's not cost-wise to do so.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%