White Sugar?

Decorating By flayvurdfun Updated 10 Mar 2005 , 8:04pm by GHOST_USER_NAME

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 7

OK,white sugar is regular granulated sugar right, not 10x? I am 40 years old and I don't think I have ever heard that term so I am just making sure? I feel real stupid asking but I had to.... icon_redface.gif

6 replies
Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 7

Good Question! I would think that it would be, but I don't know.

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 7

10x is powdered sugar, i know that for sure. And whenever I have read or heard someone refer to white sugar that have been talking about granulated sugar. But you just never know...

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 4:07pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by flayvurdfun

OK,white sugar is regular granulated sugar right, not 10x? I am 40 years old and I don't think I have ever heard that term so I am just making sure? I feel real stupid asking but I had to.... icon_redface.gif

If a recipe says white sugar, it means regular...I think they put that in there so it's not confused with Brown sugar!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 5:39pm
post #5 of 7

Thats what I thought.... I feel better now..... I'm not stupid! icon_wink.gif

linnburg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linnburg Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 6:19pm
post #6 of 7

What about super fine granulated sugar? Has anyone found a reason to use this? A recipe I was trying out called for this, so I sent my husband out to get it for me. It was expensive (compared to what I pay for 25 lbs. at Costco), and I couldn't really see that it made any difference. I have never bought it again. But, is there a use for it? Or is it just advertising hype?

Sandi

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 8:04pm
post #7 of 7

I use the super fine baker's sugar when making meringue (as for pies). It dissolves much better- no weeping meringue!!

You want to use it whenever you need to make sure ALL sugar is dissolved.

FYI (just a fun trivia fact) powdered sugar is regular sugar processed with cornstarch. Yo can actually make it home! But it's not cost-wise to do so.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%