Golf Ball Cupcakes

Decorating By kissmeandcstars Updated 17 Oct 2005 , 1:00am by faded_dress

kissmeandcstars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kissmeandcstars Posted 16 Oct 2005 , 6:00pm
post #1 of 4

Hey everyone -
I haven't been on here in a while but figured someone might be able to help me out! I was thinking of making cupcakes for Boss's day and bringing them in to work tomorrow.

I was just going to make regular cupcakes but wanted to put golf balls on top of them. I know in the past I saw someone taking about cake balls and was wondering if this is something I could do. Except I can't remember how to make the cake balls icon_sad.gif I thought I could make the cake balls, roll them in powdered sugar and make the dimples on them to make them look like golf balls.

Any suggestions??? Does someone know how to make those cake balls?

Thanks!

Jennifer

3 replies
mamafrogcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamafrogcakes Posted 16 Oct 2005 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 4

Jennifer, I can't help you with the cake ball part but I have a question? If you roll them in PS and make the indentation in it, do you think that's going to stay enough to tell it's a golf ball?? I'm not sure if that would work or not?? icon_confused.gif I've got a golf themed cake coming up soon and I bought a bag of tees to put on the side. Theres another idea for you!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 12:39am
post #3 of 4

What about making some white candy clay? You can roll it in balls and make the dimples.

faded_dress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faded_dress Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 1:00am
post #4 of 4

You could also use timbits (doughnut holes) covered in candy melts, then poke little holes maybe?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%