Where Can I Find Cookie Cutters?

Baking By cookingfor5 Updated 15 Feb 2007 , 4:33pm by cinderspritzer

cookingfor5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookingfor5 Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 34

I thought I had saved the websites for cookie cutters, but I can't find them. I have the 100 piece Wilton set, but I want to buy some unique ones like the purse cookie cuuters and dresses. Where do you buy from?

33 replies
cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 34

www.foosecookiecutters.com
www.kitchengifts.com
www.cookiecutter.com

That is all I can think of really quickly.

Cindy

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 3:34pm
post #3 of 34

I have ordered form all of them above and been very happy. I also got the Wilton 101 cookie cutter set and it was a great variety.

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 3:39pm
post #4 of 34

Have you checked out the "New Articles" section on this website - How to Make Your Own Cookie Cutters. It's very easy!

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 5:07pm
post #5 of 34

I've ordered from all posted by Cindy as well as www.coppergifts.com . I've been very happy with my purchases from all of them. thumbs_up.gif

cookingfor5 Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 6:34pm
post #6 of 34

Thanks for your help! I did find what I need and this time I saved the sights. The only one I didn't find was the 3-tier cake cutter. I saw the one that had a heart, but it wasn't what I wanted. I'll have to check out the link for making my own, but I'm not so sure I can do it.

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 6:44pm
post #7 of 34

We used to make our own. We used a tin can like a coffee can or the like depending on how big the design needed. The can was cut in half and then we used tin snips or a band saw to cut the can off one inch from the top edge. That way you have a rolled edge for your hands. We drew pictures on a piece of paper and then used finishing nails to outline the design. We then wrapped a section of tin can around the nails and soldered it together and then soldered a handle to it.

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 7:18pm
post #8 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by meiganlove

The only one I didn't find was the 3-tier cake cutter. I saw the one that had a heart, but it wasn't what I wanted.

Not sure if you're looking for tin, but here is a couple copper ones. I say copper ones are better in the long run and justify their higher prices. thumbs_up.gif

http://www.coppergifts.com/productcart/pc/advSearch_h.asp?keyWord=wedding+cake&type=1&Submit.x=16&Submit.y=5&

MystiqueFire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MystiqueFire Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 2:53am
post #9 of 34

I shop at Michaels for some things, but I usually buy copper. Aside from the websites mentioned above, these are good, too:

www.Simonscookiecutters.com
www.williams-sonoma.com

For williams sonoma, it's under bakeware and then cookie cutters.

Copper is the best deal, in my opinion.

J-

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 3:24am
post #10 of 34

I have to say, out of all those places listed, this has been the best place for me:
www.cookiecutter.com

I use to buy wholesale from them and sell the cookie cutters in a shop that I was co-owner of...they sold like crazy. They even designed a few for me for my gourmet doggy treats! They are great to do business with!!

CindyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindyM Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 4:23am
post #11 of 34

Here's a couple more:

www.downtowndough.com
www.cookiesinseattle.com

cookingfor5 Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 2:48pm
post #12 of 34

I still haven't found the plain 3-tier cake cutter. I have researched each of these sights and can't find it. Does anyone know where they found theirs?

bella9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bella9 Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 2:55pm
post #13 of 34
Quote:

I still haven't found the plain 3-tier cake cutter. I have researched each of these sights and can't find it. Does anyone know where they found theirs?

You must not have checked out cindy6250's link because that's where I bought mine from.

Whenever I need a specific cutter I google it.

cookingfor5 Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 3:13pm
post #14 of 34

Thanks! I didn't get into that sight yesterday because it was slow when I tried. I completely forgot to go back.

CindyM Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 3:17pm
post #15 of 34
Quote:

I've had the same problem - been searching for months for it in tin. What I discovered is that Wilton had it in comfort grip years ago, but it's been discontinued. I even wrote to Wilton about it, no luck. It's gone. I search every week on ebay and amazon, no luck. So, I admitted defeat on ever finding it and just ordered a copper one from www.coppergifts.com for $10.00 plus shipping - $16.00 for one cookie cutter. Gulp! (That's something I didn't tell DH!) It's on it's way - hasn't arrived yet so I still don't know if it's exactly what I wanted either. If anyone on this site knows where to find the discontinued Wilton one, I'd love to know, too!

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 3:27pm
post #16 of 34

I was up half the night looking for cookie cutters. I was shocked how much they want for them on some sites. The've got to be kidding.

I ended up ordering from sugarcraft.com most of them are .59 I ordered $25 worth of cookie cutters. They have a huge selection.

Don't let the shipping scare you they estimate and make adjustments for the actual shipping.

CindyM Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 3:40pm
post #17 of 34

I hope you have luck with Sugarcraft. I will never order from them again! The ones I received were not the sizes listed on their site, and when I tried to return them, they charged me a 20% restocking fee, after paying their high shipping and handling fee and paying to ship them back to them. Plus - you can never get thru to talk to a live person!!! So, I still don't know if they received my return and what my little credit will be for their misrepresented cutters! I also had trouble getting around on their web site. Good luck!

cookingfor5 Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 4:47pm
post #18 of 34

CindyM, it's probably too late, but if I were you I'd try calling them again to complain. If you can't get a real person at first try hanging on the phone for a while without making a selection. A lot of retailers have these kinds of phone lines that don't give you a choice to talk to a real person but have a hidden person if you never make a selection. I'd still complain because they want to make you happy and you can complain to the Better Business Bureau about them and they have no choice but to make you happy. I worked in retail for years and know how frustrating it is to get help, but know that all these companies have no choice but to make it right for you.

Oh, the stories I could tell you! The guy who caught his own coat on fire and headquarters forced us to return it for the full price!

sherryt1258 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherryt1258 Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 5:02pm
post #19 of 34

I am a newbie here but I agree with the others about Sugarcraft. I placed an order in December for some cutters I could not find elsewhere. When I finally got the order in January, over half my items were back ordered and they said i would have to place a new order for them??? Three of the five items backordered where heavier items. Well, they charged me the full shipping and i have never been able to get ahold of them to get them to correct. Even sent a email and no response. So for me, NO MORE SUGARCRAFT. To me, they want me to reorder the backordered items and then charge me shipping all over. NO WAY!

By the way, I usually dont post much but thanks to all of you I am on my decorating way. Thanks

Sherry

parismom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
parismom Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 5:06pm
post #20 of 34

wow - some of those are so expensive!

khufstetler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khufstetler Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 5:34pm
post #21 of 34

How about using Cake Princess' idea?

Make your own templates?

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-20377.html

Way Cheaper... and instant gratification! All you have to do is search for your favorite clip art and print it out! It would definitely work for "chunky" shapes, maybe not so much for the delicate ones.

cookingfor5 Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 5:55pm
post #22 of 34

I can't open her pictures to see the directions. I have to admit I am not very wise to computers, but what am I doing wrong? Should I just be able to click and open?

cookingfor5 Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 6:05pm
post #23 of 34

Thanks again everyone. I am very new to seriously decorating cookies and I am so greatful for all the information you have all given me. You've answered a hundred questions already and I know I'll get hundreds more answered too. Right now I am just happy being the mom with great treats. I can't hope to be as talented as all of you, but maybe in the future I'll actually post some pics too!

Janette Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 8:50pm
post #24 of 34

Great, now I'm sorry I placed the order. Everytime I e-mail them to complain about their site they make it sound as if I'm doing something wrong.

Believe me if there is one thing I'm good at that's surfing the web and shopping. There site just sucks.

I hate it because they have things you can't get elsewhere. But, if they don't have good customer service you don't want to do business with them.

All I can do now is cross my fingures and hope my order arrives alright. Then I will cross them off my list.

sheila06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheila06 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 1:30am
post #25 of 34

I noticed someone was asking where to get the three tier cookie cutter and I found some on www.sugarcraft.com They have a lot of cutters

Janette Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:10am
post #26 of 34

I placed an order with Sugarcraft on Saturday, Feb 3rd, I just got the e-mail it was shipped today. I realize I can't count Saturday or Sunday, but what happened to Monday and Tuesday?

The order was just cookie cutters????

fragglerock1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fragglerock1 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:52am
post #27 of 34

Ann Clark makes a 4 tier cake cookie cutter, it's pretty big though about 5".

Janette Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 6:37am
post #28 of 34

That's perfect. I have such a hard time finding the larger cutters.

BsKookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BsKookies Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 3:24pm
post #29 of 34

I am looking for a cutter site which I think is House on the Hill. They had springerle rolling pins and some other items. Does anyone have the web site for them?

Janette Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 4:04pm
post #30 of 34

houseonthehill.net

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%