Any Clairvoyants Out There?

Decorating By BakingGirl Updated 8 Apr 2007 , 4:56pm by sueco

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 3 Mar 2007 , 2:50pm
post #61 of 66

Well I think once you get back from your vacation you will find your rings! I have still only found one of my rings, my wedding band! Yes we made up about a day later, but I am still pretty upset that I can't find my engagment ring! Good Luck and enjoy your vacation.

cupcakegirl27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakegirl27 Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 8:12pm
post #62 of 66

I wish I could loan you our weiner dog. He can sniff out jewelry. The first time my boyfriend brought him over to my apartment the dog kept trying to dig into the love seat. Had his head stuck all the way under the back cushions. The dog looked like he was headless. He would whine everytime we took him away from that one stop. He would go right back to that spot. Finally we were getting tired of it. My boyfriend reached into that spot to show the dog there is nothing there. He got a weird look on his face and pulled out a beautiful diamond ring. It wasn't mine. The love seat is one of the reclining ones with alot of metal on the insides. I bought the furniture used, the ring had stayed in the loveseat at the store, in the moving truck to my place. We tracked down the owners (Thank goodness we live in a small town) I got the biggest hug from a lady who had lost the ring 5 years ago. Check your furniture, tip it over look underneath. Don't lose hope!

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 1:08am
post #63 of 66

cupcakegirl27,

Wow, that is amazing! I bet the lady was just beside herself with joy to get her ring back. What a nice story, it gives me hope! Maybe I should get my lazy cats to work for their food!

It reminds me that I just sold my car. I did tell the new owners about the lost ring just in case they would find it in there. I did turn the car inside out though, so I doubt it.

DecoratingDingbat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecoratingDingbat Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 5:13am
post #64 of 66

icon_eek.gif Holy (*&(!!! I read the first page, smiling looked down at the keyboard and flew up so fast I almost dropped my laptop! I had taken off my rings yesterday to knead fondant and placed them in a cup on the counter - this way I won't drop them into the sink (a personal re-occuring nightmare I have) or knock them off onto the floor. Thank you for reminding me!!! They were not lost, up on the window sill in the cup where I had left them. Still, we are a family of six and not always the best at focusing on the task at hand - do dishwashers eat rings like washers eat socks? The feeling of terror ... my engagement, promise, wedding, one just because I nagged for it and a family heirloom were all in that cup! That's alot of $ to loose in one shot (no pun), not to mention the cost of therapy to stop the crying from the sentimental loss. icon_cry.gif Then I would have had to tell my mother that I lost the family ring - my throat and behind tightens just at the thought of it. icon_redface.gif
Thank you again for the reminder! icon_razz.gif CC members save the day again![/u]

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 2:51am
post #65 of 66

Wow, I am always worried about this, since I am currently prego and very clumbsy, I only wear my wedding band. I have put my engagement ring which is made of a ring of my choice with my Grand-mother's diamond.
She gave it to me when I college. It was her 2nd engagement ring. She had lost her original one just like you BakingGirl. After several months of lookging, my Grand-Father had went out and purchased a replacement. He was so sweet. Grand-Ma was 64 & Grandpa was 66 at the time. He passed about 3 years later. I got the ring 14 years after that, and it's been on my finger ever since. I chaged the band 5 years later. So I want to make sure I keep it always, I take the ring to my local jewlery every 6 months to make sure the prongs are good and the diamond wont fall. I have already had them changed twice.

I have my mother's wedding & engagement ring, she passed 2 years ago (still can't put it on). I know she had to replace her pearl 2 or 3 times in 40 years.

So I wish you the best, I totally understand your anguish. Hopefully you will find it soon.

Good luck.

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 4:56pm
post #66 of 66

Sorry to hear that you still haven't found your missing jewelry yet. Have you thought about looking in any clothes/coats/jackets that are lined and may have a tear or hole in the pocket where the ring could have slipped through into the lining? Keep the faith, it'll turn up eventally, and in the spot you least expected.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%