Any Clairvoyants Out There?

Decorating By BakingGirl Updated 8 Apr 2007 , 4:56pm by sueco

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 1:58pm
post #1 of 66

icon_cry.gif Wah icon_cry.gif

Looks like I am making the most expensive cake ever! In the process of working on my daughter's 5th birthday cake, cookies and pizzas I have obviously managed to take off my rings and stick them in my skirt pocket. I am seriously absent minded so have no idea when I did it. Last night I found my engagement ring in my pocket, but my eternity ring which I always wear with it was not there. My husband gave it to me when my daughter was born, so big sentimental value. I have torn the house apart, which I quite frankly do not have time for right now, but so far no luck. It could be anywhere, in the house, in the car, outside, wherever else I have been. Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhh, I just want to slap myself!!

If anyone out there has clairvoyant powers, please help me!

65 replies
swingme83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swingme83 Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 2:04pm
post #2 of 66

at first i would have suggested that it fell into the cake but the i reread your post and realized you didnt say SHIRT but SKIRT. Gluck i hope you find it. :\\

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 2:05pm
post #3 of 66

ooooh I am sooo sorry - wish i could "see " it- good luck to you {{{{HUGs}}}}}

PaulaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PaulaT Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 2:11pm
post #4 of 66

Hi,
Not much help here but if it is any consolation my daughter lost a beautiful diamond ring (2 carats) from her husband about 5 years ago - it was never found. I'm not clairavoiant but know today is a full moon and there are strange happenings going on!!! I hope you find it.

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 2:12pm
post #5 of 66

Make sure you check the trashcan. I threw my engagement ring away one time that was in my pocket with some tissues.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 2:14pm
post #6 of 66

where were you when you took of the skirt... weird question huh? I was thinking it might be on the floor in your bedroom or if you sat on the bed, is it under the bed? The laundry.. did you intend to was it or rehang it? If your rehung it, did it fall out in the closet or in the laundry.. I hate this for you.... I can only imagine how you are feeling.. I am sure it isn't outside unless you undressed out there... but keep looking, it might turn up.. maybe you could enlist your little girls help since she is much closer to the floor than we would be icon_smile.gif

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 2:17pm
post #7 of 66

yeah i would check the trash for sure. I threw away my keys the other day(night before trash day) and i was outside at night with a flash light garbage fishing and there they were. besides the trash under the bed in the laundry hamper, in a few drawers. I hope you find it soon!

BakingGirl Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 2:46pm
post #8 of 66

OK, had not thought about the trash. Strange really as I have also thrown my keys in the garbage in the past. Old trash is really really disgusting, there were a lot of smushed up banana bits, burst tea bags, snotty tissues - but no diamond ring.

The problem is that I cannot pin down exactly when it happened. I wore the skirt a couple of times during the beginning of the week, ai rolled out of bed, grabbed the first thing I found and got up to get kids ready to go to school. Then got started on little jobs and cake making in the house, then realised the time and went off for a shower and change and left the house. That is not to say I did not leave the house wearing the skirt, just cannot remember. I need hypnosis!

emnjakesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emnjakesmom Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 2:54pm
post #9 of 66

Did you sit down on your couch or a chair with cushions? It could have rolled out then. Tear those babies apart if you did!

punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 2:57pm
post #10 of 66

I can just imagine the sinking feeling you had when you realised it.

My mother lost her ring once for months and then found it under her bed- so there is hope.

Do you have any pets that might swallow something shiny?

BakingGirl Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 4:07pm
post #11 of 66

Oh thank you all for your encouragement and kindness. Yes, the sinking feeling was really something, pit in the stomach. Did not sleep all night, not helped by the fact that my son is sick for the third week running so sleep is in short supply anyway. Poor little thing has only been to nursery 3 days in 3 weeks, and those 3 days was enough to pick up another set of viruses.

OK, what have I missed? I have:

Pulled through the trash.
Looked through the vacum cleaner bag.
Used a torch and looked under every piece of furniture.
Looked down the back of the chairs I sit in, and in the car.
Looked around the chair where I throw clothes which are "in use".

Although my cats would not eat something like a ring, they would bat it around the floor if it was there, so it is a possiblity it has been pushed under the appliances. I have to get someone to help me pull out the fridge later.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 6:36pm
post #12 of 66

BakingGirl,

When I saw that you had posted again, I was hoping that you had found your ring. And then when I saw that you hadn't, my heart sank.

I hope you find it soon.

ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 7:03pm
post #13 of 66

Did you check the bathroom? Maybe it fell out of the pocket in there?

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 7:14pm
post #14 of 66

Could it have rolled under the stove/ fridge?

mareg Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 7:15pm
post #15 of 66

or maybe fallen in a drawer?

smque2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smque2 Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 10:45pm
post #16 of 66

I think that it is St. Anthony who is the Patron Saint of lost things.

I lost something once (I can't even remember what it was now) but I needed it. So I tried to clear my mind of all the clutter and hassle in there.
I was upstairs on the landing, leaning against the wall asking St. Anthony for help in locating my lost item. I let my mind go blank, think of nothing, and wait. I just got this feeling that I had to go in one of the rooms, so I did this, and waited again, mind blank the next feeling was to go to a particular place in the room, I looked around for a minute or two and lo and behold, there it was.

I gave St. Anthony my warmest thanks.

Maybe I was lucky, maybe I just gave myself time to remember, maybe I gave myself time to think, or, just maybe I had the help I really needed.

So I will leave you saying, God Bless you and your little son, hope he is improving.

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 12:20am
post #17 of 66

Once I lost a treasured earring. My father -n-law found it "accidentally" while their car was being detailed - I had worn it the day we went to pick up my infant from the children's hospital and apparently it slipped off at some point and into some nook or cranny in the car... thank God! Hope that helps!

hsdwidow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsdwidow Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 12:27am
post #18 of 66

If you're not sure if you wore the skirt out then maybe you should check the seat and floor of the car. Also, I've been known to move something from one "safe" place to another and forget about it. Did you check any possible "safe" spots you might have put it while you were distracted by something else?

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 2:32am
post #19 of 66

smque2, St. Anthony has helped me find many things over the years! When I read this post, I thought the same thing!

TripleTrouble Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TripleTrouble Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 2:50am
post #20 of 66

I hope you find it. I took my wedding band off every night and put it back on every morning. Well, one morning about a year and half after we were married, I got up and my ring was gone.

I searched everywhere. I prayed and prayed to find it. I didn't; so my husband bought me a new one. We moved a few years later to a new house. I looked everywhere again. It was no where.

This past summer I was going through an overnight bag in my closet and there was my ring nearly 4 years later. I was so surprised.

Don't give up. Have faith you'll find it.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 3:18am
post #21 of 66

I'm in the St Anthony brigade. Tony has helped me remember where I put things more than once; just ask him to guide you in the right direction and then forget about it.

Meanwhile, check under the bed near the headboard, also behind the toilet and use your hands to check into corners and crevics. A ring is a small thing and difficult to see in shaded areas.

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 3:44am
post #22 of 66

sorry to be so insensitive, but I have to write this...I am FORCED to write this..

The cake fairies said to leave out some crumbs and they will return your ring!

ark..ok shoot me now!

If and when you find your ring..have a LARGE safety pin with you on you at all times and PIN your rings together to a piece of clothing or to the inside of your pockets!

HTH

KonfectionKonnection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KonfectionKonnection Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 3:57am
post #23 of 66

You mentioned cats--One of our cats has a hiding place where he puts "his" valuables. (He can open the cabinet door under the bathroom sink and puts things behind the towels.) Do your cats lose their toys in any specific area or under any particular piece of furniture? HTH

I'll be thinking of you and hoping you find it. I know the sinking feeling too well from misplacing my rings a few times.

cookiecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiecreations Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 4:00am
post #24 of 66

You mentioned that you were getting the kids ready for school....did you check their backpacks? Maybe it fell inside?? My son has a million containers of small toys, another spot to check. Have you checked under the oven and the fridge?

I really hope you find it!!! My mom found her wedding ring a few years ago, wrapped in tissues in the trash.

Housemouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Housemouse Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 4:06pm
post #25 of 66

I had a 'ring re-appearing incident'... I lost my wedding ring about 6 years ago. Searched all the usual places and the only thing I was sure about was that I had mislaid it in my home. Anyway... after several years of bare wedding-ring-finger, my DH bought me another ring (a good few sizes larger than the original I have to say).

And... very shortly afterwards I was sorting out my knicker drawer - sorting out the grey stuff from the really grey stuff (a great British tradition..ha ha) when I happened to lift up the lining paper to shake the drawer out, and I caught a glimpse of a small gold band (which I assumed was my 'thank you for putting up with me' ring). Picked it up and found it was my 'lost' wedding ring.

And the spooky thing, that mystifies me to this day, was we'd only had the bedroom furniture set for two years. I know I didn't put that ring there and DH wouldn't - he would have enjoyed telling me too much he'd found it and having a small but well-deserved gloat. So now I have two wedding rings to go with my two engagement rings (first one fell off my finger and got packed with the Christmas decorations, only to be found a couple of years later). So I feel sure your ring will turn up when you least expect it. I would however run a metal detector over that cake just in case...

mareg Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 4:08pm
post #26 of 66

Any luck in finding it? I hope so.

toristreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toristreats Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 4:19pm
post #27 of 66

My husband has lost his ring probably 4 times during our 8 years of marriage. Somehow it always turns up. Try going through all the pockets of your clothes. Have you washed the skirt, look in the lint trap of your dryer. Check your washer. Look in your car. Check your kitchen cabinets. Look in your heater vents. If you believe in God, I would try praying. I always works for me. Good luck. I hope you find it.

Novembercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Novembercakes Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 4:40pm
post #28 of 66

Things will come to those who least expect it. Your ring will show up when your mind is clear or while you are doing something else.

When I was working in a department store about 12 years ago, I lost a precious necklas my parents had bought for me. When in San Francisco, I picked out the oaster/pearl and then the pendant...my parents paid $100.00 for it at that time. One day when I wore it to work...and at the end of the day before I went home, I noticed it missing from around my neck. I ran to the dressing rooms, tore off my cloths did not find it. I searched around the cubical I was working in and the areas I would have been in...I asked for about 1 year if the cleaning crew had turned in a necklas to our lost and found....to my horror and to my dismay...no one had seen it.

Well, about a year after that one of my managers was wearing it. I noticed it while I was talking to her. I said "That is a very pretty necklas, I had one exactly like that on a box chain". I looked at it more closely and I had a sinking feeling in my stomach that it might be mine. I explained my story to her and the next day she brought it to me at work and she said that she believed my story and that I still seemed so heartbroken over it. She told me that she was cleaning out the safe and stuck down underneath everything was this envelope dated two years ago and she thought that since no one had claimed it that it was fair game.

I was lucky enough to have seen her wear it that day and that she was a co-worker and a good friend to have her return it to me without any hesitation.

This is probably not much of a consulation, but it will turn up probably while you are cleaning or one of the kids will find it while they are playing. I heard a story similar to mine about a lost ring, a year later they found it outside in the yard..the sun was shining on it and the person who was looking for it originally a year ago, picked up the shinny object out of curiousity and they found what they were looking for.

Hang in there and have faith, it will turn up! icon_eek.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 4 Feb 2007 , 2:55am
post #29 of 66

oh my goodness! Keep looking, it will turn up eventually! Just think of Glorioustwelfth story for insperation. Best of luck!

CheriN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CheriN Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 3:07am
post #30 of 66

Hi! I completely know what you are going through! A couple of months ago, probably the beginning of November, I lost my engagement ring! And, I still haven't found it! icon_cry.gif The weirdest thing was I never took it off... I just suddenly noticed that it was missing. The ring was a little loose on my finger but I figured that my knuckle would never let it slide off. I looked for a while, even in some stores I had been in... but I never found it. I think that maybe it went down the drain while I was doing the dishes... or maybe even when I was showering. Never the less I still hope it shows up sometime. So, I understand what you are going through, and I hope that you find it.

A vote of confidence... my mom lost one of her diamonds and a couple of years later my grandma found it when she was cleaning, and it was a small diamond!... although my mom lost it again before she could get it put back on her ring... sorry I guess that really isn't very encouraging icon_redface.gif ... But my Grandma did find it after many years and a diamond is smaller than a ring. icon_razz.gif Ok... so I know none of this is helping... so I am going to stop now. I feel with you and for you...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%