Colorflow & Royal Icing To Make A Design?

Decorating By Susan94 Updated 17 Mar 2005 , 8:07pm by Susan94

Susan94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan94 Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 12:11pm
post #1 of 4

Can I make a colorflow design (on wax paper) and add some royal icing detail? I have a colorflow design to do and just need a small amount of one color and happen to have leftover royal icing. Could I use that with the rest being colorflow? I'm guessing "yes" since they seem to be the same material and consistency but wanted to make sure if someone else did that.

3 replies
GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 1:05pm
post #2 of 4

I've never use Colorflow, but from what I know, isn't it just Wilton's name for a royal icing type of product? I make "colorflow" designs from royal icing all the time, so I don't see why you couldn't mix the two. The end results are the same thing...right? If I'm wrong, someoine please correct me...I don't want to mislead Susan.

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan94

Can I make a colorflow design (on wax paper) and add some royal icing detail? I have a colorflow design to do and just need a small amount of one color and happen to have leftover royal icing. Could I use that with the rest being colorflow? I'm guessing "yes" since they seem to be the same material and consistency but wanted to make sure if someone else did that.

I use to make all of my royal color flows on wax paper and it was fine...

Susan94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan94 Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 8:07pm
post #4 of 4

I realized they are the same ingredients. i ended up using the Wilton Colorflow in a container since i had it and made my design. i'm not happy with the cake but i'll post it soon anyway so you can see.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%