Susan94 Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 12:11pm
post #1 of

Can I make a colorflow design (on wax paper) and add some royal icing detail? I have a colorflow design to do and just need a small amount of one color and happen to have leftover royal icing. Could I use that with the rest being colorflow? I'm guessing "yes" since they seem to be the same material and consistency but wanted to make sure if someone else did that.

3 replies
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 1:05pm
post #2 of

I've never use Colorflow, but from what I know, isn't it just Wilton's name for a royal icing type of product? I make "colorflow" designs from royal icing all the time, so I don't see why you couldn't mix the two. The end results are the same thing...right? If I'm wrong, someoine please correct me...I don't want to mislead Susan.

Ladycake Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 3:40pm
post #3 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan94

Can I make a colorflow design (on wax paper) and add some royal icing detail? I have a colorflow design to do and just need a small amount of one color and happen to have leftover royal icing. Could I use that with the rest being colorflow? I'm guessing "yes" since they seem to be the same material and consistency but wanted to make sure if someone else did that.

I use to make all of my royal color flows on wax paper and it was fine...

Susan94 Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 8:07pm
post #4 of

I realized they are the same ingredients. i ended up using the Wilton Colorflow in a container since i had it and made my design. i'm not happy with the cake but i'll post it soon anyway so you can see.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%