Freezing Mmf??????

Decorating By bulldog Updated 11 Oct 2005 , 11:48pm by bulldog

bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 7

I made some little halloween MMF molded shapes to go on top of cupcakes. I plan on putting them on top of BC frosted cupcakes. I am going to freeze the cupcakes on Thurs. and get them out on Sunday. Normally, I would just put shapes on after the freezer, but this is for a family event that I cannot attend, and I know my mom is going to give me all kinds of grief if she has to, heaven forbid, put the shapes on herself. So, I guess what I am asking is: Can I put BC and the little MMF shapes on the cupcakes, and have them ready to go when Mom pulls them out of the freezer?

6 replies
aupekkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aupekkle Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 7

MMF keeps really well at room temp for a long time in a air tight container, so you don't have to even freeze them if they're going to be put on the cupcakes this Sunday. Just put them into an air tight container and have your mom stick them on. HTH

bulldog Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 9:52pm
post #3 of 7

I'd like to have my mom stick something...... Thanks, that's probably what will have to happen.

prettytoya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettytoya Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 9:54pm
post #4 of 7

Hahahahahahaha! That was too funny!

aupekkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aupekkle Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 10:30pm
post #5 of 7

icon_lol.gif No prob!

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 10:41pm
post #6 of 7

MMF fondant freezes fine. I used it on decorated cookies that I ended up having to freeze - no problems with thawing.

bulldog Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 11:48pm
post #7 of 7

Great!! Thanks, this knowledge will prevent a mojor problem with the family. You guys are all so helpful!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%