Diamond Impression Mats

Business By analiciaestrada Updated 6 Feb 2007 , 1:05am by mjs4492

analiciaestrada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
analiciaestrada Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 14

Does anyone have any tips on using these. I am going to attempt to try one this weekend on a circle cake and then later on a square cake. Any suggestions I appreciate!! Thanks!

13 replies
tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 14

I used mine once on a buttercream cake (in my pics) I brushed it with corn starch first. Just hold it over the sink and dust it real good them knock it back off. Then I applied it to crusted BC. You just have to line it up each time you lift it. Hope this helps.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 1:31am
post #3 of 14

just be sure not to press the mold on the cake on the very edge of it, otherwise you will have a vertical line running through the diamonds. and make sure your icing has crusted well.

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 1:37am
post #4 of 14

Before starting, decide which is the back of the cake icon_lol.gif
The first time I used mine I didn't do this and had to fudge and cover with decorations where I didn't line the dots/lines up right.
I like to use it on fondant. Haven't tried it on buttercream yet.

kerririchards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerririchards Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 1:39am
post #5 of 14

Yep, just dust witn cornstarch and line it up each time you lay it back onto the cake. I use a fondant smoother to smooth it down over the cake. If you accidentally hit a spot that wasn't crusted over very well, just use a sponge dipped in cornstarch (or your finger) and smooth that back into place.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 2:53am
post #6 of 14

ANd don't try to bend the mat around the cake...just press it and slide hand over it, then move it.

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 3:00am
post #7 of 14

I need to find one of these--I got a diamond cutter, but it's just one single upright set of diamonds to press on the cakes.

Where'd you find your mats?

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 4:11am
post #8 of 14

try www.earlenesckes.com

fmandds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmandds Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 4:20am
post #9 of 14

I got mine at www.cakesbysam.com and am using it for the first time this weekend. I hope it turns out alright for me.

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 4:27am
post #10 of 14

I was going to buy one directly from earlene just the other night but the shipping and handling fees were $10-twice as much as the mat itself! Cakesbysam has them and the s/h was 4.50

analiciaestrada Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 7:49pm
post #11 of 14

Thanks guys for all your tips!!! I appreciate it. Yes I ordered mines from Cakes By Sam also. I'll let yall know how it goes after tomorrow. Pray for me! icon_biggrin.gif

analiciaestrada Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 6:00pm
post #12 of 14

I just want to thank everybody for their tips, it was very please on how it worked with yalls help! Yes I am from Texas saying YALL! icon_biggrin.gif
LL

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 5 Feb 2007 , 6:11pm
post #13 of 14

You did a good job, congrats on your first time.

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 1:05am
post #14 of 14

Great Job!!! Looks clean and flawless thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%