I Need Suggestions!

Decorating By ken Updated 12 Oct 2005 , 1:27pm by stylishbite

ken Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 9

Hello Everybody!

I need to ask you all how would you support (3) 1/2 sheets put together. I did this before but I don't like how it made my icing crack because the board wasn't stable enough. I basically put about 10 cake boards (some stacked on each other) together, but I need to know if there's something I can do differently. Please if anybody can help me out with this. I have another order for this big cake and want everything to be perfect this time around! Thanks - KENYA

8 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 9

Oh my God Ken!!! That is some cake!!! I would get a piece of MDF board or 1/2 inch plywood cut from Home depot or Lowes or something.There is no amount of cardboard that would hold that sucker!!

ken Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 8:25pm
post #3 of 9

I know right (lol)! Its a big cake but the problem is that I don't have a Lowes or a Home Depot. I'm here in Germany and everything is such a struggle to get to. I'm trying to get as many suggestions as possible. But I do think I'll look around to see if I can get some plywood. That would really do me justice. Thanks a million!

Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 9

It's probably going to be super heavy butat least you know it won't buckle!!

Good luck!!

mamafrogcakes Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 8:43pm
post #5 of 9

I agree with the plywood idea! That would be heavy!! I have to know, what on earth are you making!! Sounds cool though!

SugarCreations Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 11:50pm
post #6 of 9

I don't know what it is. But sounds like he is going to have to rent a crane to get it where it has to go. Man what a cake. I hope you pull it off.

tanyascakes Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 2:14am
post #7 of 9

Hiya, Kenya!! Have you tried the OBI where you live? I have heard that they might do it there. Try it and see. Because you don't want to take anymore chances than you have to, right?

ken Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 5:30am
post #8 of 9

Do you know I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT OBI. I don't go out on the economy that much so thats why. But will definitely try it. Thank you everyone else too because I was stuck about what to do but since all of my friends on here suggested that I use Plywood, I'll do it. I got an order yesterday for (3) 1/2 sheets put together for a Christmas Party. I'm not sure of the decorations or anything yet. The guy is supposed to give a call on monday to let me know exactly what they want on it. So I'm excited. This is only my second BIG order. So I have time to improve a few things before then. But thank you all so much. - Kenya

stylishbite Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 1:27pm
post #9 of 9

Maybe a large wooden kitchen cutting board. I have used my large glass one before. I wrapped it with paper and you couldn't tell.

Quote by @%username% on %date%