Raspberry Preserves/ Seedless Jam And Fondant?

Decorating By whtrbbt420 Updated 10 Oct 2005 , 6:46pm by whtrbbt420

whtrbbt420 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whtrbbt420 Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 3

Hi, all. I'm pretty new to this site and I'm hoping you can help me. I'm making a cake for my mom's birthday this weekend and I would like to do it in choc cake with raspberry filling. BUT I would also like to cover the outside in chocolate Satin Ice. My question is can I cover the cake in the same raspberry filling and put the fondant on top? Would that work? Or does it have to be covered in BC before I put the fondant on? Thanks for your help and I hope my question was clear.

Edit: Ok I just found this recipe, any opinions? Has anyone ever made a raspberry buttercream?

3 cups confectioners' sugar
2 cups butter, softened
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon raspberry flavored extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat confectioners' sugar and butter just until blended. Increase speed to high. Beat until light and fluffy. With mixer at medium speed, gradually beat in egg yolks and raspberry extract and vanilla extract until smooth.

2 replies
cheekysweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheekysweets Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 3

I have a raspberry mouse recipe that is really easy and delish!!!!! You can check it out.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2030-0-Rasberry-mousse-filling-II.html

I did spell raspberry wrong but it is really good.
I believe you can just coat the cake with a thin layer of jam then use the fondant. I never used the stuff I heard it tastes awful.

whtrbbt420 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whtrbbt420 Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 6:46pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boysmom

I have a raspberry mouse recipe that is really easy and delish!!!!! You can check it out.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2030-0-Rasberry-mousse-filling-II.html

I did spell raspberry wrong but it is really good.
I believe you can just coat the cake with a thin layer of jam then use the fondant. I never used the stuff I heard it tastes awful.

THAT IS EXACTLY THE KIND OF THING I WAS LOOKING FOR!! Thank you soooo much!
And on the Fondant, I was going to use Wilton's but I keep reading that it tastes awfull, so I decided to go with Satin Ice. A lot of people here said it tasted good. I hope so LOL Thanks again for the recipe!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%