Teapot Cake

Decorating By traci Updated 10 Oct 2005 , 9:01am by lastingmoments

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 4:11am
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone!

I am doing a teapot cake on October 22nd. I really need help. Can someone tell me the EASIEST way to make the spout and handle??? Don't forget that I am very lazy and will not be able to use my printer to save me on this one!!!!

I am planning on using the sports ball and probably will stack it on top of a round cake. I have not decided if I am going to do stars or smooth icing on the teapot. It will depend on the handle and spout.

ADVICE PLEASE!!!!! icon_smile.gif
traci

4 replies
ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 4:32am
post #2 of 5

you can make them out of cookie...or if you really want to cut corners....

Just cut them out of poster board and insert!

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 4:35am
post #3 of 5

Thanks PastryDiva! What is the best way to attach to the cake??? Just poke it in and cover with icing????

I thought about the cardboard...but feel that it would look too flat. I guess I am not that lazy!!!!
traci icon_smile.gif

ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 4:38am
post #4 of 5

Yes..just push into the cake... you may want to make a pattern and play with it first...

Even if you're going to make them out of cookie, or you can make them out of 50/50 paste...

then you can paint them pretty...or ice them pretty...

But just work out the logistics first so your spout doesn't end up falling out of the cake

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 9:01am
post #5 of 5

collette book had something on this .... but i cant remember .....maybe someone with that book can help......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%