Hello cookie makers!
The February theme is girly things. Have fun with it (I know many of you have waited a long time for this theme!) And, please tell us the reason behind your cookie choice, if it isnt obvious.
Just to refresh your memory, here are the "guidelines" for the cookie club posts (from Cake_Princess' original post):
* The group decided that all pictures must be new pictures (and new cookies). Meaning if you have a previous group of cookies already in your album (or in the forum) even if it depicts the theme you cannot use it. The idea of the monthly theme is to get our creative juices/new ideas flowing.
* Please do not post monthly theme cookies to your personal album or cookie Gallery until after the monthly theme has expired. The reason for this is that as a group we all decided each picture must be new and not previously uploaded to the Galleries. Seeing that we have no way of knowing when pictures were uploaded this will help to prevent any squabbles about people using previously uploaded pictures. *******There has been a request to change this guideline so that you can upload your cookies to the gallery at the same time, since there are now dates of when photos are submitted. If you have any thoughts about that (pro or con) please PM me this month!!*********
* You can use any edible medium to decorate your cookies - fondant, royal icing, butter cream etc. The only stipulation is it has to be a medium used in cookie or cake decorating. Please let us know which medium you used to decorate your Cookies and any techniques that you used.
* Please post pictures in this thread (Do not create a separate thread for your pictures). Please only post a maximum of 3 pictures per person for the monthly theme. You may however use graphics programs to create a collage of different pictures/angles that count as one photo post.
* In your post please let us know why you chose the design you did if the reason is not obvious. (For Example if the theme was Music and you made ghost cookies then let us know the connection. Ghost = Phantom and Phantom of the opera relates to music).
Happy Baking, everyone! I cant wait to see the results!!
i just tried to post and apparently my pics are too big....boo hoo!!
7yyrt love the lips
very cute! I love em!
Kneadacookie, could you maybe resize the pics? Or crop them? Then you should be able to post them!
Yay! So glad to get to do this theme!!! These are NFSC, covered in fondant. I piped some untinted piping gel and sprinkled on very coarse white sanding sugar to look like diamonds. These were my 5yo DD's class treat for her birthday this past Monday. She is SO about being everything "Princess"!!
Oh, the fondant is airbrushed also.
Bbelias, those are adorable!
momsandraven, I LOVE the outline effect and the "diamonds". Very nice!
WOW - you all are quick!
7yyrt - the lips are great!
bbelias - those tea cup cookie pops are wonerful!
momsandraven- what a great tiara!
kneadacookie, try this site - http://www.shrinkpictures.com/
bbelias, my daughter will love the cups; when she was little she had to have every plastic tea set she could find...
momsandraven, neat idea for the sparklies!
(My life appears to be calming down a little, Bonnie. So I just HAD to make sure I posted some cookies this month)
kneadacookie - those are GREAT! Are those covered in fondant or are they royal? Did you paint them?
7yyrt - I'm glad you posted!
7yyrt....looks like i got it twice. thanks for the site
they're actually toba's glace, and then i painted them with silver lustre
Great cookies, y'all! I love them all!!!
kneadacookie, those are just TOO cute!
Very nice! Where did you get the cutter? Did you make it? I LOVE that pink!
Thanks,I got the cutter at:
The pink is Americolor Electric Pink
Wow everyone's cookies look great. I hope to be able to make some this month. I love those tea cups. My DD also has to have every tea set she see's. I tell her she has plenty.
I love the cookies posted so far! Great job all.
Wow you guys are johnny on the spot this month! Hopefully I will be able to add something this week!
I just love this theme!
kneadacookie did you make the cutters or buy them? Thanks, those are toooooooooooooooooooo cute.
thanks...i made them. i have to get better at this computer thing so i can figure out how to email designs
we seem to have hit a wall... anyone else have any "girly" cookies to post?
All of the cookies posted are WOW! I love them they are so girly
I finished the cake and mixed some more cookie dough, baking tomorrow!
7yyrt - did you make those buttons? I love them!
The 'buttons' are actually "Bottle Caps" candy with piping gel threads. (I wish I had a better camera - you have to guess whether or not it's in focus.)Oh, heck; Raggedy Ann wasn't supposed to be in this pic...
7yyrt - the carriages are so cute. love the "button" wheels!