melissaanne Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 1:58am
post #1 of

HI! I am making a couple of cakes for playgroup, most of these people have no idea that I decorate cakes, so there could be a few new potential customers. I was wondering what to make that is a bit different. ie not chocolate cake. I have made the lemon pound cake for them, and they loved that. Any ideas? What are your favorites?
Melissa

18 replies
momoftwogirls Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 2:02am
post #2 of

my favorite cake is red velvet. didn't even know about this cake until a year ago!! I love it!!

how are you going to decorate it? or are you looking for ideas on that too?

ntertayneme Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 2:05am
post #3 of

I'd suggest that you get The Cake Mix Doctor's book.. she has so many yummy recipes in there!

traci Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 2:10am
post #4 of

I think you should make 2 different flavors. People have always loved the butter recipe cakes. I like to add mexican vanilla because it gives it an even better flavor. I would maybe also do strawberry. If you think they might like coconut...DH makes a new mix and it is really good!

As for your decorations...you could make one with happy faces and maybe do the other one with a fall theme. Or you could do something general with dots or swirls.

Good luck! icon_smile.gif
traci

sugartopped Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 2:50am
post #5 of

my favs are a cream cheese pound w/strawberry filling and a hazelnut cake w/choco hazelnut filling. the cake mix doc. book is a good suggestion. LOTS of good stuff in there!!

melissaanne Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 3:09am
post #6 of

Mmm..so many nice sounding recipes. Pinkbunny do you have the recipe for either of the cakes you mentioned. I haven't seen the book, I live in Australia, but I am sure I could order it.
thanks guys for answering me,
melissa.
LL

sugartopped Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 3:24am
post #7 of

Those are ADORABLE!!!

What is your email and I'll send you the recipes. Do you want the filling recipes also??

blittle6 Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 12:27pm
post #8 of

I'm with Traci, Strawberry and Coconut! Also a Cinnamon cake. Those are my big sellers here, and not easy to find anywhere else so people really like them!

Berta

twindees Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 12:38pm
post #9 of

I love the decorations. Can't wait to see the finished product. Yes the cake mix doctor have many many ideas. Good Luck.

chikie Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 7:43pm

Pink Bunny~
Can I please get the recipes for those cakes and fillings, too? They sound yummy! Tiffanyaodom@aol.com

Thanks,
Tiffany

sugartopped Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 9:10pm

I just sent them to you both. let me know if you have any questions.

blittle6 Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 9:23pm

Hi PinkBunny!

Could I have your filling recipes as well? I am experimenting with new ones and would like to have some tried and true recipes!

Thanks!

Berta
bertalittle@cableone.net

alracntna Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 9:28pm

pinkbunny i would like the recipes. and yes the filling ones too. please i mean.

car_n_ant@hotmail.com

MrsMissey Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 9:59pm

..anything "pumpkin flavored" would be great this time of year!

sugartopped Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 10:52pm

i just sent them.

i'm not sure where i got the recipes from anymore. i have collected so many of them. but here is a website I use ALOT!!! it is not just for cakes...it has a little bit of everything.
but i think is where the cream cheese pound cake came from.

http://myrecipe.allrecipes.com/default.asp?ac_action=lgo

enjoy!

imakecakes Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 4:04pm

You can get some of the cake mix doctor's recipes on her website. (www.cakemixdoctor.com). I love her first book! The book on chocolate cakes, I find, has a lot of the same recipes as in the first book, so I don't use it as much. I love your decorations!!

famousamous Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 12:46am

This is a really good site. http://www.recipegoldmine.com/cakemixcake/cakemixcake.html

imakecakes Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 7:50pm

Famousamous,

That DOES look like a great site! Thanks for sharing it!! Tammy

famousamous Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 3:32am

Your so very welcome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%