Needing A Great Box Recipe!!

Decorating By faydra Updated 8 Mar 2005 , 4:27am by Ladycake

faydra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faydra Posted 8 Mar 2005 , 4:00am
post #1 of 4

I am starting my first Wilton class on thurs...I am looking for a good cake recipe that starts with a boxed cake mix. I want a white cake that is heavy and firm, not light and airy like most of the boxed mixes. Do I get this result from adding ingred. to the mix or what?? I am not great in the kitchen, but once i get my cake recipe down, that is what I will use every time!! I need some help from some of the pro's out there!!

3 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 8 Mar 2005 , 4:06am
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by faydra

I am starting my first Wilton class on thurs...I am looking for a good cake recipe that starts with a boxed cake mix. I want a white cake that is heavy and firm, not light and airy like most of the boxed mixes. Do I get this result from adding ingred. to the mix or what?? I am not great in the kitchen, but once i get my cake recipe down, that is what I will use every time!! I need some help from some of the pro's out there!!

There is a few things that you can do .... Adding a total of 4 eggs per mix inplace of the 3 will make it a heavery cake also adding MILK in place of the water will make it heavier...

There is lots and lots of cake mix recipes from box in the Cake Dr cookbook if your able to get one of them..

Also I love this site this page that I posted is nothing but CAKE MIX Recipes... http://www.recipegoldmine.com/cakemixcake/cakemixcake.html

Hope that helps you ..

faydra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faydra Posted 8 Mar 2005 , 4:19am
post #3 of 4

Thanks!! I would have never thought that the milk would make the cake heavier. Makes sense though. Also, I have been told that the "pudding in the mix" cake mixes work the best. Any thoughts about that?

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 8 Mar 2005 , 4:27am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by faydra

Thanks!! I would have never thought that the milk would make the cake heavier. Makes sense though. Also, I have been told that the "pudding in the mix" cake mixes work the best. Any thoughts about that?

What ever is on sale Mostly I stick with BC Betty Crocker cake mixes... LOL .. Sometimes I even add more pudding to my mixes even if there is pudding in the mix...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%