... Use Cream Cheese Orange Frosting To Frost?

Decorating By Esther Updated 9 Oct 2005 , 11:35pm by Esther

Esther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Esther Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 3

I just made the Carot Cake and mixed a batch of the recommendet cream cheese orange frosting (from the cake mix doctor book). Let me tell you. this frosting compliments the cake perfect! The problem is the consistency. If I leave it out to long, it gets very runny, if i put it in the fridge, it gets very sticky. I REALLY would like to use that frosting for my cake(it is going to be a 9 inch bottom with pillars and a 5 inch on top), but there is now way I will get it smooth or even straigth. For piping I made already some regular buttercream. What can I do? (its for me and my family..)

I was thinking about letting it get very runny and just pour it over. I have a bunch of roses to decorate the cake. what do you think?

BTW, I was thinking of tort the cake with the cream cheese orange creme and use buttercream on the outside, but the cake has pecans and raisins, so it will probably fall apart while trying to tort it...

2 replies
sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 10:20pm
post #2 of 3

Sounds good! Can I come over? icon_biggrin.gif
Sounds like you need to add more powdered sugar.

Esther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Esther Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks! next time i will try it icon_biggrin.gif . I chickened out and used cinnamon BC thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%