Way Off Topic... Three Random Things About You

Lounge By edencakes Updated 1 Mar 2014 , 1:25am by karina_lisa2010

gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 7:48pm
post #61 of 408

Okay,

Let's See...

I'm grew up in Midland, TX.

I have lived in Austin for most of my adult life (graduated from UT) except for the three years I lived in the twin cities.

I never wanted kids until my DH finally talked me into it after 12 years of marriage. Now I have a 3-1/2 yr. old daughter and an 18 month old son. They are the best things that ever happened to me (besides DH) and I want 20 more. Just kidding. I think we're done...I think. I am 37 so definitely a late starter.

What else? I love good design and blue jeans. I'm an 80's girl so my favorite band of all time is Def Leppard. My shows are Gilmore Girls, Martha, Amazing Race, Survivor and I like The Girl Next Door on "E".

Also, there's nothing better than a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup accompanied by a Dr. Pepper.

That's me.

ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 7:52pm
post #62 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelion

I wanna play!
~I am 14 years old...I feel so little! icon_cry.gif and my little sister is always annoying me and getting in the way when i want to make a cake.
~I am on my school dance team. I love to dance.icon_lol.gif
~I wanna own a cake decorating store/bakery when I grow up! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Ok, I'm "adopting" you..lol

Tell your mom!!

angelcake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcake4u Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 7:53pm
post #63 of 408

My turn!

I have two sisters who are 8 and 10 years older than me. Yep, I was the "opps". My mom says she saved the best for last. My dad passed away from lung cancer a week after I turned 10. I still miss him so much. I hate cigarettes!

I have been with my hubby for 6 years, married for 3 years. He is a lot like my dad. Likes to watch Andy Griffith, Bonaza, Gunsmoke, etc. Our son, Cale, will be 3 in November. We are expecting our second child in June '06.

I am one of the young one's here. (22 years old) Sometimes I hate being young, people treat you different. I am a mommy and wife 24-7, a tax preparer from Jan. - April and a cake lady the rest of the time. I love country music. I must watch Desperate Housewives and 7th Heaven, good combination of tv shows. lol My idol is Paula Dean.

Okay, that was more than 3 things, sorry!

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 8:05pm
post #64 of 408

Still nothing from Miss Mersh? Guess I'll have to post for her:

1) she played french horn in high school band
2) she raises prize-winning roses
3) she's totally anal-retentive about whether the TP goes on the roll over or under (under)

Better come up with something for yourself, Leslie, or I'll keep going! icon_lol.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 8:08pm
post #65 of 408

LOL, I've read all 5 pages. This is a great thread!

Okay, about me...

1. At the age of 19, I married my husband 5 months after our first date and within four years we had three children. icon_biggrin.gif Wedding anniversary #15 is on 11-16-05 and the kids are now 14, 13, and 11 (got pregnant 2 months after our wedding and just kept going icon_smile.gif). I've been a happy SAHM for 13 of those 15 years, and homeschooled for 5 years.

2. I am terribly torn between returning to school to become an RN or opening a cake/confectionary/coffee shop. One choice is high risk and the other will give us financial security and retirement benefits. This choice terrifies me.

3. My primary hobby (x5 years) is keeping corals, invertebrates, and marine fish. We have hundreds of gallons of saltwater in the house and I have two 180 gallon aquariums sitting empty in the garage waiting on me to create reefs in one or both of them. My husband allowed me to have a large bar in our house demo'ed and a fully enclosed fish room built to accomodate all of the equipment for my big reef tank.

Okay, next person's turn! icon_biggrin.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 8:11pm
post #66 of 408

Here I go! AT 69 I'm pretty sure I'm the oldest AVID (diva spelled backwards icon_rolleyes.gif ) on CC. I was married at 19, divorced 28 years later, and have been on my own for the last 22 years...just never found anybody I felt strongly enough about to even live with, much less to marry! What is SEX? I have forgotten, which really isn't so bad when you are old and live alone! icon_cool.gif (I feel a little funny talking about that, with a 14 year old reading these posts!)

I'm mother of three, grandmother of three, great-grandmother of one!
In my life I've: bred and shown purebred dogs; was a restaurant caterer; blackjack dealer (only in a club Texas and for fun, no money); secretary; flower arranger, crocheter, quilter, and dressmaker (I still have all the supplies for these and other crafts in my "spare" room); and now, cake decorator (and I need a bigger room)!

Even at this late date I'd love to get a tattoo, maybe a Yorkie, they are my favorite dogs, but I no longer have a real one. icon_sad.gif Janice

frogfiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frogfiend Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 8:14pm
post #67 of 408

1. I am working on my bachelor's in Accounting.

2. My baby is a senior this year, leaving for the Marines in May.

3. I would love to do nothing more than read posts on here about cakes and make cakes. I dream about cakes. My husband says I love cakes more than I love him. lol

het518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
het518 Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 8:18pm
post #68 of 408

ok here goes..

1. I'm 27 years old and have been married to a wonderful man since I was 18. We dated for 2 weeks before he proposed.

2. I have 3 beautiful daughters ages 8,6,& 3. They are my life. Everyone says they should be models icon_biggrin.gif

3.I work full time at a child care center & volunteer at my kids school. I just started cake decorating and think I have found my new love. Just finished my 1st wedding cake.

PS: I love Buffy too

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 8:30pm
post #69 of 408

Hi bookbabe, just wanted to say welcome to CC! There are probably only a few of us who know where Leander, TX is! I lived in Austin for 26 years (a great city), until 1994 when I moved to Las Vegas for 2 years, and then back to Dallas where I was born.

This is a fun thread, you really begin to feel like you know each one personally! Janice

ShelbysYummys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelbysYummys Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 8:42pm
post #70 of 408

my turn icon_biggrin.gif
I live in California. SF Bay Area.I have bee Married for 7 years,with my busband for 12 years and we've know each other for 23 years. We actually dated briefly in High School icon_razz.gif

We have 2 beautiful children. Girl & Boy. I wanted more but my daughter weighed in at a whopping 11.5 lbs and son 9.2 and he was 2 weeks early icon_cool.gif. I had a hernia operation because they were so big. So I am scared to try again.

I have worked FT in a dental office for 14 years. I sell Pampered Chef, I am a WMI, room mom for 2 classrooms, Girl Scout troop leader, Catechism teacher, PTA corresponding secretary, I am the hospitality commitee, I also do your school marquee.I work in my daughter's class every Friday. Chauffer/Dance mom~ my daugter dances competitivly in Jazz and Tap and now has taken up Hip Hop, I bake at least 2-3x a weekfor family and friends. Since becoming a WMI I have been obsessed with cake decorating.
I love CC because it has tought me so much. Thank You also to all of you. For also teaching me all I have learned

Nice getting to know all of you.
icon_wink.gif Michelle

kraftychristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kraftychristy Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 8:48pm
post #71 of 408

Im in too!!
Hmmmmm.... my life is pretty boring, but I'll try!

1. Im 28 years old and a stay at home mom of 2. One is 2 and the other is 7. I live in the mountains of Northeast Tennesse.

2. Im a born again Christian. I accepted Jesus into my life when I was 12 years old, and it's the best thing I've ever done.

3. Besides cake decorating, Im also a singer. And Im actually pretty good (so I've been told). When I was 23 I was planning a move to Nashville, Tn and then I met my husband ..... and well the rest is history!! icon_smile.gif

momoftwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momoftwogirls Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 8:50pm
post #72 of 408

gosh, i just LOVE LOVE LOVE this thread!

momoftwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momoftwogirls Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 8:58pm
post #73 of 408

Gosh mmariamm, I thought I was the only one who thought Spike looked good!!!

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 9:08pm
post #74 of 408

I have just finished reading all 5 pages (can't wait to see more!! icon_surprised.gif ) I think you are ALL beautiful, interesting, warm people!! thumbs_up.gif I am so glad that I rediscovered this site over the summer and love the great interaction and willingness everyone has to help out a fellow "caker". Thanks edencakes, this is a great thread icon_biggrin.gif

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 9:12pm
post #75 of 408

Ok girls....I think that we are gonna have to arm wrestle for Spike!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif He is a hottie!! Love that bad boy!! icon_cool.gif

~Denise

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 9:24pm
post #76 of 408

Hello everyone! I think it is my turn!

1. I am 35 years old and a single mom of an almost 8 year old girl and 3 year old boy. My ex-husband left me when I was pregnant with my son...and I never got over it. So...I stay by myself and only do stuff with my kids...but I love things this way!!!!

2. I have lived in Houston my whole life. I live with my parents and my kids. We just moved to a new house in July. My parents added a second kitchen upstairs because they got sick of the huge mess I made. We are all happy now that I have my kitchen and they have their kitchen!

3. I spend most of my week driving my daughter to her many activities...volleyball, dance, gymnastics, girl scouts, and cheerleading. And lucky me...I ended up being the cheerleading coach this year! Thank-goodness it is over the end of October! The rest of the time I do my cakes...and I am famous for taking too many orders and stay up late to finish them!

Hope you all did not get bored!!!! icon_smile.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 9:40pm
post #77 of 408

Love this thread! I was in withdrawal too, hadn't been around all week. Another die-hard reality fan - especially of The Amazing Race and Big Brother.

1. I was on Wheel of Fortune back in Feb. 2002. That was one of my goals on my "life list" and I had been saying for years that I'd be on. Made it all the way through try outs and got on - one of the most exciting, exhilirating and nerve-wracking experiences in my life! Only won $1200 but it was something I'll never forget. And you know what's funny? I have hardly watched an episode since! LOL (Vanna White was so very kind and sweet - saw her early in the am. sans makeup and in sweats- had no idea it was her. haha And Pat is a PRIMA DONNA.)

2. I have been a rescue volunteer and fund raiser with a no-kill animal shelter (atlanta pet rescue) for over a year now and LOVE it. So very near and dear to my heart....reawrding and fulfilling. I can't put into words how touching it is to see a depressed, mistreated, abused or neglected dog turn into a loving, happy and revived sweetie, ready for their forever home. It's so uplifting.

3. Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a die-hard Lenny Kravitz fan. *sigh* I could eat him with a spoon, a la mode. And I finally saw him live back in April in the best way possible - front row, center stage. His mic stand was right in front of me. Got great pictures, exchanged a few words with him, touched his hot naked chest twice when he came off stage and he signed one of my CDs. Be still my beating heart. icon_biggrin.gif

That's a few things about me! Next...

cheekysweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheekysweets Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 10:00pm
post #78 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

2. I am terribly torn between returning to school to become an RN or opening a cake/confectionary/coffee shop. One choice is high risk and the other will give us financial security and retirement benefits. This choice terrifies me.

I have been a RN for 12 years and I want to leave it all to do cakes. Being a nurse is very physically and emotionally demanding. Also, the are ALOT of phycho women in the profession that make it difficult to do your job! It is very rewarding but burn out is VERY high. I'd go with cakes. icon_biggrin.gif

cheekysweets Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 10:04pm
post #79 of 408

How do you use the quote function- alittle help for a newbie???????

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 10:06pm
post #80 of 408

Wow, I can't believe I didn't read this until the 6th page! I've read so many things about so many of you; many of which I also share similarities.

OK, Here's all about me:

Born and raised in mid-west Ohio. One part of my family are farmers and the other were city-folk, so I had the best of both worlds!

Growing up, I took every cooking project in 4-H. That was the beginning! From there I helped my mom and grandma when they canned everything and I didn't like that! I didn't like gardening either!

I worked in a restaurant for 12 years, many of which I managed the place, and discovered that I didn't have a life anymore! So I kept my 50-hr/week job and put myself through school, then quit and have now worked in an office for almost 9 years and guess what? My hair stopped falling out! icon_lol.gif

I was pregnant at 17 (yikes), got married at 19, and divorced 15 years later. Single for 5 and just got re-married 2 months ago to a beautiful loving man who looks like Pierce Brosnan! thumbs_up.gif I've never been treated so sweetly in my life!

I watch the Guiding Light every single day without fail (I tape it) and I am an 80's rock-n-roll chick at heart (Def Leppard - oh yeah) but now listen to most anything except rap or stuff I can't understand the words to!

Also a Christian and proud of it! although my denomination (UCC) has recently said "OK" to gay marriages and our church is in trouble....but that's another story!

I love to exercise! I currently take advanced step aerobics and kickboxing! I also love deep water aerobics. I hate to run/jog! Just crank up the music and let me go! I fluctuate with about 6 pounds but can never maintain. I like dessert too much!

Enough? no! I have 2 children; daugher 21 and son 17. My daughter wants to get married, and I can't talk her out of it! icon_surprised.gif However I give her the advice that I never got and pray that it will all work out.

I hate being cold, peas and spinach. I love the sun, beach, and palm trees, I love cats and tolerate dogs, I love to go to dinner and a movie. I love margaritas and Bahama Mammas! ...and I Love this website! I'm shutting up now!
icon_biggrin.gif

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 10:16pm
post #81 of 408

2boysmom: to quote just click on the quote button ont he box ou would like to quote icon_smile.gif

cheekysweets Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 10:19pm
post #82 of 408

Thanks, aliciaL_77, I did but I tried to cut out the parts I didn' need. Guess i can't do that icon_rolleyes.gif

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 10:19pm
post #83 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie214

I have one more to add to mine!!

4. My ex-husband just left...just remembered why I never mention him...big pain in the ??? icon_cry.gif

Stephanie, I think you'd appreciate this. I have a friend at church who calls her ex-husband her 'wasband'..... I hoot everytime she says that!

Debbi

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 10:21pm
post #84 of 408

icon_lol.gif
I call mine "Dick".........cuz that's really his name, but it works out well for me.
icon_lol.gif

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 10:30pm
post #85 of 408

I call mine nuts, which he is...plenty of screws loose and counting icon_lol.gif

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 10:35pm
post #86 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlover00

icon_lol.gif
I call mine "Dick".........cuz that's really his name, but it works out well for me.
icon_lol.gif

Girl, you are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

ROTFL!

Debbi

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 10:39pm
post #87 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boysmom

Thanks, aliciaL_77, I did but I tried to cut out the parts I didn' need. Guess i can't do that icon_rolleyes.gif

..sure you can, just don't cut out the word [quote]

cybourg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cybourg Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 10:50pm
post #88 of 408

I call my ex Richard cuz you shouldn't say Dick in front of the kids.

jennjd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennjd Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 11:14pm
post #89 of 408

My turn

1. I'd Deaf and speak American Sign Language most of the time. I can use my voice but I really hate to. I speak several (about 5) differnt dialects of sign language.
2. I'm a teacher . . . I teach Sign Language to Families with infants all the way up to the university level.
3. I would rather be caught dead than have to dress up and wear make up.

Who's next?

jenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenie Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 11:20pm
post #90 of 408

my turn....

1. I'm 35, single ( and looking icon_lol.gif ). Never been married but wishing to get married someday icon_lol.gif I had a bf for 3 years and found out 3 months ago, he's married. I stopped communicating with him since then.

2. I sleep with my cookbooks and cake decorating books beside me.

3. I love dogs. My puppy Ken died last July (he's 5 months old). The veterinarians were speechless when they saw me cried, as in weeping!!!!

Jen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%