Way Off Topic... Three Random Things About You

Lounge By edencakes Updated 1 Mar 2014 , 1:25am by karina_lisa2010

edencakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edencakes Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 7:14am
post #1 of 408

Alright, I know this doesn't have anything to do with cakes, but I thought it would be fun to get to know y'all a little better by asking everyone to list three random facts about themselves. Sound like fun?

I'll start:

1. I met my husband online, in a random chat room (not a dating service).

2. I was born on the same day as Elijah Wood (Yeah, Frodo and I share a special bond icon_rolleyes.gif)

3. I'm allergic to some breeds of long-hair cats.

Okay... now you!

407 replies
lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 7:22am
post #2 of 408

...wow i feel like I know most of you all already ....

Ill bite...
1. I secretly trying to get into the guiness books of world records for most home businesses run out of my my home- thats according to my husband....

2. I come from a huge family......4 brothers and sister, 11 aunts and uncle from my moms side, as a result from there marriages I have over 50 cousins and we in town and If we havent seen each other in at least a week we start by saying "where have you been i havent seen you in foever!"

3. Im constantly trying to learn something new ...which is why im on here everynight!!

missmersh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmersh Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 7:34am
post #3 of 408

I want to join in on the fun, but I have sat here for 10 minutes and can't think of anything interesting about me. icon_sad.gif
I will try and think of something. No wonder I have no friends. I am boring.

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 8:23am
post #4 of 408

I'll Play.....

1. I collect native & Inuit Art and used to live in the North and spent alot of time with the Inuit, I have an adopted son who is Dene from the North, what a crazy wonderful son he is !!!

2. My favorite thing is to be in the mountains, hiking and relaxing, I feel at peace there.

3. I HATE dusting, all other cleaning is fine, but I need to find a self dusting house or a hot guy who loves to dust !!!

Missmersh I am sure you are not boring, just so many interesting things about yourself that you can't narrow it down !

Tag your it ......

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 9:13am
post #5 of 408

ok i'm in
1) I belong to a motorcycle club over 16 years and I'm only 38!

2) I wish I was a man at times so I could be a ho but be called a player!
(no I'm not a ho only in my thoughts!)all I think about is cakes and sex is that bad?

3) I love planing fund rasiers.

ken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ken Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 10:07am
post #6 of 408

I want to PLAY!!!!!!!!

1. I feel like a baby on here, but I am 21 years old and I LOVE CAKE DECORATING. (just got into it about 5 months ago)

2. I love FOOD which is why I need to lose weight now!

3. I am on this site (no lie) for more than half the day.

blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 11:14am
post #7 of 408

Hi every1,

Here are my 3 facts interesting or otherwise:

1. My husband and I were high school sweethearts; I was 14 and he 16 1/2 when we started dating. We got married 3 years later (no I wasn't pregnant) and we are still together and in love (married for 14 years)
2. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology with a minor in Sociology and a Master's Degree in Education and Human Development and one of the most important jobs in the world.....stay at home mom to my 4 kids ages 11, 9, 6 and 4.
3. I think the best TV show of all time is Buffy the Vampire Slayer!!!!!!

Berta

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 12:52pm
post #8 of 408

Hmmm--3 interesting facts about me. I'll have to think a minute!!!

1--Always considered the "goody-two-shoes" in my family

2--Hit 40, got my bellly button pierced; At 43, got dolphin tatoo on my low back and at 44, got tree frog tatoo on my ankle (so much for goody-two-shoes).

3--Have the best friend in the world for 27 years--she arranges the flowers on my wedding cakes for me. And we get together once a week to bash men, work...nothing is off lmits!!!

toddsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toddsgirl Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 1:22pm
post #9 of 408

1. My husband and I were also high school sweethearts. Been married for seven years and yes I was pregnant!

2. I also think about cakes all the time but NEVER and I mean NEVER think about sex much to my husband's dismay!!

3. I have a bachelor's degree in Accounting and was never really good at math and hate to do my taxes and am now a stay at home mom!

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 1:27pm
post #10 of 408

Ok, here goes.....

1. I'm secretly married to Bon Jovi & Johhny Depp...shhhh.....they don't know about each other icon_wink.gif

2. My favorite TV show of all time is Mama's Family!!!

3. One of the most rewarding things I've done (besides being a mommy) is being a Big Sister w/the Big Brother/Big Sisters organization. I have the best little sis....we've been matched for 5 years now!!! We do everything together and she watches my son one day a week so she can earn extra money. I love that I have someone to leave my son w/that I don't have to worry about constantly!!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 1:50pm
post #11 of 408

Okay...I'll bite also!!

1. Much to my Mom's disappointment..I am not a Shopper like her!! HA!HA! Hey I am a SAHM ..what do I need to dress up for!

2. My kids think I am goofy..problem is they are probably right!! thumbs_up.gif

3.My husband wishes I was some sex goddess and wants to have sex everynight....Honey..after two kids and being up most of the night for 3 years....Forget it!! thumbsdown.gif HA!HA!

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 2:03pm
post #12 of 408

3 interesting facts about me?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

1. My husband's and my lives have criss-crossed our entire lives (mutual family friends...same vacations....same parties...same clubs...but we never actually met until I was 28. I'm writing a book on our lives.

2. I have translated a generations-old family folk tale, made it into a children's book and have illustrated it...looking for a publisher....

3. I hate to be woken up.

kthomas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kthomas Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 2:06pm
post #13 of 408

This is fun! Let's see....

1. I am secretly a Britney Spears fan (shhhh...don't tell anyone).

2. I am probably one of the younger ones here on CC (mid 20's), but I wish I was about 10 years older to gain respect at my job (elementary school teacher).

3. As a young teenagar, I was a gymnastics champion training at the pre-Olympic level for 3 years before I had a bad knee injury.

ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 2:19pm
post #14 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmersh

I want to join in on the fun, but I have sat here for 10 minutes and can't think of anything interesting about me. icon_sad.gif
I will try and think of something. No wonder I have no friends. I am boring.

Missmersh, I resent that comment....you have US!

ok 3 random things about me...

let me think...

1. I ABSOLUTELY HATE when anyone in school uses my equipment..with our without my permission. I don't stalk men I stalk my spatulals!

3. Hate to be touched or kissed by random people, Didn't get my first pedicure till after I was 45! ( WHAT WAS I THINKING...give me one every day!)

3. I have more male friends (platonic) than female friends..and you KNOW how women talk...

There is more...much more..but you only asked for 3..heheehe!

s_raines Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
s_raines Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 2:29pm
post #15 of 408

Let's see....

1. I am considered the ugly duckling of my family--But with the best personality!! I can make all of them laugh!( maybe one day I will turn into that swan)! LOL

2. I dropped out of college at age 20 because I could not handle a new husband, a full time job, and college all at the same time.

3. I got divorced when I was 22 and remarried when I was 25(to a differnt man).He let me quit work to stay at home with the children!! YA!! We have two children-2 yrs and 8 months. Now I am 28.

nola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nola Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 2:34pm
post #16 of 408

My turn, my turn......

1. I must watch the tv show Sunday Morning. No phone calls during this time.

2. I get "happy feet" when I'm eating anything with sugar in it.

3. I long to attend pastry school. But fear the 100 lbs I'm sure to gain.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 2:34pm
post #17 of 408

Ok.. here we go

1. My husband and I started dating after he left a BIG empty box next to my desk. Written on the box was "Fill me". I had been promising him chocolate chip cookies!! So I made the cookies and the rest is history.
(BTW.. my hubby was 28 years older than me when we married so I got a family of 3 grown children and 5 grandchildren ) which leads to....

2. I am 53 years old and a great grandmother of 2. Sydney 5, and Zachary 18 mos.

3. My one real wish is to visit the town in Italy where my Grandmother grew up and attend mass at the church she helped to build.

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 2:36pm
post #18 of 408

Ok I'm in

1. My husband and I met 10 years ago playing on a billiards league. We have been married for 6 years. I basically had to force icon_smile.gif him to go out with me, he is 18 years my senior.

2. I have 2 Shelties Holmes and Bandit. They are spoiled rotten brats, but they are my babies.

3. I so badly want to start a business cake decorating, but finances etc are not allowing me to do that right now. So I have a full time job programming phone systems.

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 2:40pm
post #19 of 408

I wanna jump in on this!! This is fun!!

1. I'm from a huge family too...my grandmother had 15 children and I have 5 brothers and no sisters. So I'm a spoiled little girl!!...heehee icon_wink.gif

2. I met hubby....we married after 5 months and have been married for for 16 years. I married when I was 18. icon_rolleyes.gif

3. My mom is a twin and their names are Lois and Joyce. My hubby's mom is a twin and their names are Lois and Joyce! icon_lol.gif

Mac....I feel closer to ya already!! I got my belly button pierced at 33 and a tattoo on my ankle when I hit 30!! thumbs_up.gif

~Denise

kendraanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendraanne Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 2:57pm
post #20 of 408

My turn!!!

1.) I met my husband 4 years ago at my parents house. He came out with a friend of my Dad's so that my brother could work on his truck. The lady that adopted my husband has been a good friend of my Dad's for years...and my Dad has actually known my husband (Rob) since Rob was about 16....but I never met him until the day he stopped by my parents house. It took 2 months before he asked me out on a date, and we've been together ever since! We just celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary.

2.) I will probably end up moving to Franklin, TN some day. My husband lived there for several years while working in the music industry and he has many friends there now. Plus my best friend and my God Daughter live there, so moving there would be fun!

3.) I have a full time job and I HATE IT. I can't wait to have a baby and be a stay at home mommy!!!

bookbabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bookbabe Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 3:03pm
post #21 of 408

can a newbie play too??

1.. I met my husband through a personal ad in the paper--this was the days before online dating services. He's working in Louisiana these days on post-hurricane stuff, and so that's why I'm on here so much!

2. My daughter was a member of the Kilgore Rangerettes--if you're not from Texas, you may not know who they are. They are a well known dance team--you might have seen them in the Macy's parade (red, white and blue uniforms, big white hats). Their trademark is being able to kick their hats--and my daughter can do that!!

3. I have a secret ambition to write a young adult novel but I spend most of my spare time doing cakes instead so the novel hasn't materialized yet!

thanks for letting me play!

cybourg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cybourg Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 3:06pm
post #22 of 408

OK, I'll give this a try.

1. I gave birth, at home, at the age of 42. 14 years after my last child. I have four children, a 21 year old daughter who got married in April; 18 and 16 year old sons; and my 2 year old daughter. I am now a SHAM after having been back in the work force for 8 years.

2. My husband is thirteen years YOUNGER than I am. He kept coming around and wouldn't leave me alone so I married him.

3. I am 6th generation native Floridian on my mother's side.

edencakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edencakes Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 3:36pm
post #23 of 408

Wow, these responses are GREAT!

missmersh: The three things I listed were hardly interesting, just random stuff! We want to know ANYTHING about you! You choose!

I have more in common with some of you than I thought, this is really fun reading all of the responses!

My favorites so far:

freddie's comment about the hot guy who loves to dust - I need one too icon_lol.gif

blessBeckysbaking telling us that all she thinks about is cakes and sex icon_eek.gif (no, honey, you're not alone... icon_redface.gif)

Mac's 'so much for goody-two-shoes' crack. I was the supposed goody-two-shoes of my family when I was young. (I have a tattoo too, it's in kanji which translates into 'strong woman', on my ankle icon_cool.gif)

pinkbunny being married to Bon Jovi and Johnny Depp - but, they're married to me, too icon_surprised.gif

ThePastryDiva has more male friends than female - just like me!

nola's "happy feet" made me laugh out loud - I do that! icon_biggrin.gif

denise2434 got married when she was 18, and so did I!

Keep 'em coming!

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 3:37pm
post #24 of 408

I wanna play too -

1) I'm originally from Canada. London, Ont to be exact. My mom's side is from Nova Scotia, but my dad's side is from PEI, so DH teases me about being 1/2 step away from Cajun. For those of you that don't know, Cajuns are Acadians (E. Coast Fr. Canadians) that migrated south and mixed with mostly Caribbean people living in LA.

2) I used to sing in a ladies barbershop-style chorus and hope to start singing again once I'm done with all my cake classes. Rehearsals are usually same nights as class, plus there's the whole cost issue.

3) The bravest thing I've ever done was move to Breckenridge, CO, just because it sounded like a good idea. I didn't know anybody, had no job, and very little money saved up. I was very unhappy with my job and hated the TX heat so I told myself that if I could sell my car & get a decent price for it, I would give myself a new place to live for my birthday. I went into a blind panic the day it sold because until then I didn't think I would really go through with it. Drank a few margaritas with friends, felt better, and moved a month later. Footnote: Missed my family too much so moved back to TX 3 years later.

Sherryb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherryb Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 3:44pm
post #25 of 408

ok, here goes..

1. I was in the Navy and my husband was in the Army we were stationed in different places and didn't know each other. We both ended up with injuries (not service related) and ended up in the same Veterens Hospital.
We met there and after 3 months got married. We have been married 30 years and we adoped a beautiful baby girl after we had tried for 9 years to have one of our own. She is 21 now and still beautiful and a great person. She will graduate next May from college and will be an R.N.

2. I have done every craft there is (according to my husband), but cake is my favorite...and his.

3. I am a hair stylist and have been for many years and I am looking forward to retirement and just doing cakes and cookies.

katiedeva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katiedeva Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 4:08pm
post #26 of 408

This is so fun to read all the responses! Lets see....

1. My hubby & I after 4 years dating, got married in Las Vegas (we've been married about a year & 1/2 now). It is so great to always have a "logical" excuse to go to Vegas each year for our anniversary!!

2. We up & moved from both our hometowns outside Seattle WA for Des Moines IA a few years ago so my hubby could get his Doctorate in Physical Therapy, we are getting ready to move back this December (WOO HOO FINALLY!!)

3. I LOVE doing all kinds of crafts, ie: decorating cakes, restoring/re-finishing furniture, doing all kinds of invitations/cards, all different kinds of arts.... But until I can make a living at one of those things I do computer support/technical support. icon_smile.gif

Great Post!!

~Katie

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 4:18pm
post #27 of 408

Can I have a turn too?
1. I met my husband on a BBS (what sites were called BEFORE the internet took off!) It was local and a whole group of us would meet for brunch and parties once a month. It took us two years to get together because one of us was always dating someone else. But now he's mine and I'm keeping him!

2. I too have tried almost every craft known to mankind. My favorites being cake decorating, beading (yeah, I make my own beads too), and knitting or crocheting.

3. I just found out that I am a Cherokee princess (of sorts).... doing genealogical research I discovered that I am a descendant of a Cherokee Chief.

Debbi

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 4:29pm
post #28 of 408

how fun!

1. I am newly 28, everyone thinks I am younger and is surprised by my age and the fact that I own a business and have a 3 year old. I am surprised they trust me to make their wedding cakes. I feel old tho.

2. I love anything pink! and sparkly..LOL I am a girly girl...

3. My dh and I are both the same age. We got married at 20 and were BOTH virgins! icon_surprised.gificon_redface.gif

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 4:40pm
post #29 of 408

Here I go.....watch out

1. I am a mother of two boys ages 25 and 20. Grandmother of 1 girl and
3 boys from my oldest son.

2. A very outgoing person who loves to sit around with family and
friends and talk about the good old days...lot of years to talk
about icon_cry.gif

3. Come from a really huge family...constantly meeting new cousins, etc.
Love it when my sisters and I do a sister gathering (6 girls)...we
don't include our 2 brothers.lol

Love this game icon_wink.gif

Meeka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meeka Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 4:56pm
post #30 of 408

I'm afraid of the Dark, clowns and Chucky Cheese....

No one is allowed to look or talk to me before my 4:30 AM Coffee

I think house dresses is the most wonderful thing in the world

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%