Naty Posted 7 Oct 2005 , 4:44pm
post #1 of

Hi everyone, please if anyone can share their best recipe for a "doctored carrot cake mix cake that tastes from scratch" with me? I need to bake the cake for Monday.

Problem is I already told her I was going to make my carrot cake, which I make for her every year and is always from scratch. The thing is I don't have time this weekend to mess with a scratch cake, and I want her to think it's from scratch.

Thanks so much!!!
Naty

PS. No pineapple, please she hates pineapple and carrot!

5 replies
cakeconfections Posted 7 Oct 2005 , 4:49pm
post #2 of

I recently did one. I used a carrot cake mix. I added a box of white chocolate pudding, could use vanilla. use mild instead of water, butter instand of eggs. Added some freshly shredded carrots and raisins. I like raisin, but you could keep them out. I used a sour cream frosting and put nuts on the outside. You could put nuts in the mix, but i put them on the outside because not everyone likes walnuts so they could just scrape them off.

Rookie68 Posted 7 Oct 2005 , 5:15pm
post #3 of

Hi!

One of the best "doctored" carrot cake recipes is the Carrot cake from the Cake Mix Doctor book. I have made this at least three times and it is wonderful.

HTH!
Peggy

Kristy Posted 7 Oct 2005 , 11:00pm
post #4 of

one great idea i've seen on here is instead of using water in the mix, use carrot juice. I've been dying to try that one, I have a juicer and was going to make fresh carrot juice and then add the carrot pulp into the mix as an extra taste!

NEWTODECORATING Posted 7 Oct 2005 , 11:07pm
post #5 of

An idea I saw on here (sorry forget who, forget where) suggested carrot baby food. I think that is a good idea-all the flavor and none of the texture.

Naty Posted 8 Oct 2005 , 2:08am
post #6 of

Thank you all for replying!!!!!!!!!!!! I have added all these tips to my shopping list for tomorrow. Will definately incorporate them into my cake.

Thanks again,
Naty

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%