Need Advice On A Stainless Steal Table

Business By dolittle Updated 31 Jan 2007 , 9:23pm by whimsette

dolittle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolittle Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 12:38am
post #1 of 14

I was looking in to getting a stainless steal work table. I was going to use it as my island in my kitchen for now. I don't know if I will ever do this as a bussiness I just do for family now. So I was looking at a 36 long 24 wide 36 high. Is this to short my DH thinks I would need the 5 foot long. Of coruse he's seen me at work I do spread out. I am getting better though.Do you know of a good place to get one and what to look for when buying one? I would like a commercial grade one. You never know.Thanks

13 replies
alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 12:48am
post #2 of 14

I have one of those, I love it. I got it at Sam's Club. Was a great price!

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 12:52am
post #3 of 14

if you have room for the larger one, then get it, you can never have too much work space.

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 12:53am
post #4 of 14

If you have a restaurant supply house near you, you can get excellent deals on used tables. I recommend one with a lower shelf-great for storage.

Also, if it has wheels, it makes it easy to push out of the way. Some already have wheels, and some have add-on wheels. My island is on wheels, and it really helps a lot.

angiebee245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angiebee245 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 12:54am
post #5 of 14

I would recomend buying from a restuarant store or catering warehouse. I bought a few there a couple of years ago. They are the best. I do also have some from Sam's Club, they are good quality too.

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 1:07am
post #6 of 14

I think my dad bought our stainless steel table (with wheels and some storage at the bottom) for $100 at Costco. I don't know how that compares to other places. . . icon_cool.gif

dolittle Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 1:08am
post #7 of 14

THanks ! I called a restuarant supply store today and they have one. The stainless top was only 18 guage and it was 193.00.
I think the better one's are the 14 and 16 gauge I don't think they had them in stock he said they would cost a lot more. I was just worried about the top being strong enough so when I rolled out my fondant that it didn't give and I might want to sit my kitchenaid on it .
I did ask for the shelf under it. I need all the space I can get! icon_biggrin.gif
I forgot to ask about the wheels ?

alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 1:17am
post #8 of 14

The one I got from Sam's club was under $200, has wheels and a shelf underneath. I put my kitchenaid on it and roll stuff out on it no problem. I find it really sturdy.

dolittle Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 2:08am
post #9 of 14

Hey I saw the one at Sam's at Christmas. I just wasn't sure if it was sturdy. They had it sitting so high up you couldn't even touch it. I will go back and look at it. Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 2:14am
post #10 of 14

I have one from Sam's. It cost me $112. I'm not sure what gauge it is...honestly I don't even care! It works great to put my kitchen aids on!

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 2:37am
post #11 of 14

I also have the Sams one. Only paid $99 or it. After I am done decorating, I wheel the finished goods right out to being to the car!!

dolittle Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 2:39am
post #12 of 14

Guage is a DH thing I just want one that works and is sturdy .icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks for all your help I will look into them.

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 6:26am
post #13 of 14

I would go with the longer one, with the shelf at the bottom. You will be glad you did. The extra space will come in handy. You can tell pretty easy if the table is flimsy, the stainless steel is thinner and not as sturdy as the heavy ones. Try restaurant auctions, or a restaurant going out of business, sometimes you can pick up some good deals.

whimsette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whimsette Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 9:23pm
post #14 of 14

Ikea is a good place to search, too. I have the Udden from there and it was $120.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%