Superbowl Cake Logo

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 3 Feb 2007 , 4:20am by luvscakes

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 22

Just wondering if any of you were doing Superbowl cakes? I have 1 request for the football helmet, and they are rooting for the bears, so I was thinking of putting the C in the middle of the helmet, does anyone have an ideas or suggestions?

21 replies
katy625 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katy625 Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 22

I will be attempting a helmet too. I am going to do one logo on one side and the other logo on the other side. Here is a pic of the one I want to make!
(of course with differnt logos)

http://www.elegantcheesecakes.com/ECC_BirthdaysandFun_2_13.asp

Im actually doing a cheesecake inside as the base w/ molded ricekrispies to make the roundness in the helmet.

SugarBakerz Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 22

You are brave.. I meant I was using the wilton football pan... OMG did you see the starting price on that booger? $1500 smackers.... wouldn't that be nice.. good luck with yours and don't forget to post a pic!

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 4:08pm
post #4 of 22

Katy, thank for posting the pic of that helmet cake! My daughter wants to make exactly that for our Super Bowl party. She's only 17 but very talented. Not sure if she can pull this off but she seems pretty confident. lol

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 4:30pm
post #5 of 22

wow that helmet is something else - but $1500? Heck how many people does it feed??

katy625
- can you tell me how you're going to use a cheesecake base? How does that work? Do you have a good recipe you could share?

katy625 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katy625 Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 9:04pm
post #6 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by imartsy

wow that helmet is something else - but $1500? Heck how many people does it feed??

katy625
- can you tell me how you're going to use a cheesecake base? How does that work? Do you have a good recipe you could share?

I am PRAYING that it works!!!!!hehehehe! icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif
Well this is what I figure....I wish I could draw it for you! I am going to make a chocolate cheesecake. Its round so that can be my round base. Then I thought I would mold RiceKrispies into the top half of the helmet then sit it on the cheesecake. I thought the cheesecakes is dense enough to hold the RiceKrispies, they aren't heavy anyways. Then cover it all with White Chocolate modeling clay or MMF, then Paint it!
Oh and i am going to try the chocolate chunk cheesecake recipe from this site! I am going to make the cheesecake as a trial run before sunday. I know how to do a regular cheesecake but this one is for my brother to taste. The cheesecake will be the one that I make for his grooms cake in March. So, I guess its a dual purpose cake!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 1:25am
post #7 of 22

Can someone tell me what are the Bear's colors?
Are the Orange & Brown or Orange & Blue.
June

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 2:48pm
post #8 of 22

I thought they were orange and Black

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 2:54pm
post #9 of 22

orange and blue

lilkimberb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilkimberb Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 3:01pm
post #10 of 22

I have the helmets that I made out of chocolate melts in my photos. They turned out great. I am going to make a football field and lay the helmets on it to look like the dueling helmets that they always show before football games. I have the vision in my head whether I can execute it or not is another thing.

SweetTreatsbyCarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTreatsbyCarol Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 3:21pm
post #11 of 22

Wait, what pan is $1500? The Wilton football pans around here (Central Illinois) are sold out but they are about $11. My daughter & I are just going to do a big sheet cake and she'll freehand the Bears logo on it. But you bet I'll be picking up a football pan the next time a shipment comes in, to be ready for next year. I suggested she put both teams logos on the cake, but she said it is her party and she's a Bears fan so her guests will just have to eat it anyway icon_smile.gif

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 3:27pm
post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTreatsbyCarol

I suggested she put both teams logos on the cake, but she said it is her party and she's a Bears fan so her guests will just have to eat it anyway icon_smile.gif

Too funny!

The Bears colors are orange and navy blue by the way.

Justenjoyingit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justenjoyingit Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 3:37pm
post #13 of 22

I am doing a CCC with the superbowl logo in the middle and then putting the two teams logos in each corner. Haven't done one and would like to try it and with a whole house full of people thought it would be the perfect time.

luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvscakes Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 3:49pm
post #14 of 22

I just made one last night. My hubby and his family are from Indy, but his brother moved to Chicago a few years ago... (my dad lives there too!) So we are going to be undecided on who to cheer for.
Anyway, not big football fans, but I had the pan cause I used it for my turkey cakes.
Ok I couldn't attach it but it is in my pics..... One note, I forgot to reverse the Cubs helmet when I did my Chocolate transfer so both helmets are facing the same direction! (And the C is backwards!)

buckibaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buckibaker Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 9:24pm
post #15 of 22

I'm making a 1/2 sheet cake to look like a football field with the Super Bowl XLI in the middle and the Colts/Bears names in the endzones.

eriksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eriksmom Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 9:34pm
post #16 of 22

Wow, do I feel menial! I'm making an 8" square with the Colts logo for a friend who is from Indianapolis. She only has 4 people to feed and she wanted to keep it simple. Fine with me, I'm having too much fun with the 3D pirate ship due to a customer tomorrow, anyway!

SugarBakerz Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 9:36pm
post #17 of 22

Well, my helmet (wilton pan) is made... I got more creative with it, just in case it turns out poopy. I went to the superbowl site and printed their logo off. So far I have covered my cakeboard with an aqua colored wrapping paper and contact paper.. the cake is up toward the top of the board and the logo I printed off is attached to the cake board in the upper right corner. I plan to ice the helmet Navy blue, and include the Bears orange C in the middle, per customers request.. at the bottom of the board I will do my typical fun foam and printed out wording of Go Bears... will post pics tomorrow when complete.

Funny that someone else asked about the colors. DH and I were in a deep discussion about it... he swore up to sides of my house they were black and orange and I kept saying no Navy... took him to CB site and everything there looked blue, he still couldn't believe it or take my word.. wound up searching their actual fan site to PROVE to him it was navy and orange.... silly old man!

Sonji Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sonji Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 9:39pm
post #18 of 22

how are you guys putting the field on your cake? just free hand? I found a diagram online but need to enlarge it for the transfer...i'm new at all of this but am open to any suggestions! thanks

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 10:04pm
post #19 of 22

Kim, your helmets are awesome& thanks mgdqueen for letting me know the colors.
June

MrsKSmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsKSmith Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 3:49am
post #20 of 22

I am also new to CC and I'm doing a SuperBowl cake for a friend's party that we are going to and I thought about doing a football field with the word Bears in one end zone and Colts in the other and then having the "C" vs. "U" and writing Super Bowl XLI on the bottom of the cake board...And I was wondering what the best way for me to go about doing the football field would be...Any suggestions or Transfers would be great!!!

Thanks!

buckibaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buckibaker Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 4:14am
post #21 of 22

I just finished my cake-but too lazy to upload it this late. But I started with the endzones. I used Wilton cookie cutter letters for the names in the endzone-so I laid those down then piped the endzone line with white icing. Then I went to the middle of the cake and made that the "50" yard line and then I marked each line in the cake with a bamboo skewer it fit across the width of the cake (this was after several free hand tries and I.just.could.not.draw.a.straight.line. I put the XLI in the middle with the cutters again and then I free hand wrote Super Bowl. Used the grass tip for the top and bottom border. HTH

luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvscakes Posted 3 Feb 2007 , 4:20am
post #22 of 22

I can't wait to see all the cute cakes this weekend!
And by the way... of course I know it's the BEARS and not the CUBS. If nothing else I am the humor for my husband. Gotta give him something to laugh about!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%