melissaanne Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 12:22pm
post #1 of

Hi everyone,
I have made a few cakes now, but usually for family or friends. I had someone ask me how much I charge for this cake the other day, but I didn't know what to say.
how much would you charge for this engagement cake? It is chocolate mud with fondant covering and decorations. It think when I made it is served 50 or 60.
thank for your help,
Mel
It is in my photos under Renee and Scott's engagement. The one with the hearts on the top.

6 replies
HeatherMari Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 12:30pm
post #2 of

Hello,
I'm not real great at pricing stuff myself but I would think that would be worth quite a bit. With all the flowers and the fact that it is fondant I would say at least $3.00 per serving. Maybe someone with more pricing experience can help but I think that would be very fair.
HTH,
Heather

alengirl Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 12:47pm
post #3 of

I agree with the previous post of atleast $3.00 per portion. Not to mention that you also have a lot of details that take time to make. . . time is money, so you can add some more $ to the over all price. If you have to deliver it, add that too! I would charge $200 if it's for 60 portions with delivery. Just think of it this way, calculate everything you spend to create such a masterpiece. Then the money that remains (excluding the delivery charge), divide it by the # of hours you spend working on it. Then you'll see what your time is worth icon_biggrin.gif Good luck and let us know what happens thumbs_up.gif

sweetbaker Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 12:54pm
post #4 of

I think between $200-$300.

adven68 Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 1:06pm
post #5 of

I would charge around $4.00 USD per serving but I am in NYC......what are the prices like down under? I guess yoiu should check your local bakeries and go by that.

It looks so yummy!

MariaLovesCakes Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 1:23pm
post #6 of

yep, for fondant between $2.50 and $3.50.. per serving. That depends of course which area you live in...

melissaanne Posted 7 Oct 2005 , 4:19am
post #7 of

Thank you very much for your help!!!! icon_smile.gif
Melissa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%