Edible Images

Baking By jstan Updated 15 Aug 2017 , 7:52pm by Alohilani

jstan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jstan Posted 29 Jul 2017 , 9:26pm
post #1 of 12

Help i am in need of someone who can print out edible images for a cupcake similar to the attached picture. I am in MA.

Edible Images

11 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 29 Jul 2017 , 11:36pm
post #2 of 12

There is a good possibility that your local supermarket, if they have a deli and sell cakes, or Walmart will print your images for you on their edible printer.  The ones in our town will and charge the same as for a cake decoration.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 30 Jul 2017 , 3:26pm
post #3 of 12

ebay has some people who do it on line

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 30 Jul 2017 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 12

If you go to eBay, make sure the person is not located in China. It will take forever to get it. Just pay attention to where they are located. You local supermarket should be able to help you. I would try them first before going online. Good luck!!

jstan Posted 30 Jul 2017 , 5:47pm
post #5 of 12

Thanks I was looking to print those specific images, i dont have the PDF 

SandraSmiley Posted 30 Jul 2017 , 5:50pm
post #6 of 12

If you want these exact images, you will have to find them on line, size as desired, then print.  Take your printed page to the market and have them reproduce them on sugar sheets.

Alohilani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alohilani Posted 30 Jul 2017 , 6:04pm
post #7 of 12

Sadly Walmarts will not do it and I'm not aware of any supermarkets that will either. Costco and BJ won't either, unless you buy a cake. Your best chance is to find someone around you, who has an edible printer, even then your odds are slim, to much competition.

Alohilani Posted 30 Jul 2017 , 6:43pm
post #8 of 12

It won't let me edit my post and I wanted to say that IF you were to contact Chelsea, she would make and sale you a new set. She's on etsy and her shop, is the very first that pops up when  searching for your image. You can clearly see watermark on them too. She's very nice try he, ChleaseCakeCompany.

jstan Posted 30 Jul 2017 , 6:47pm
post #9 of 12

i tried to contact her a couple of times she is in the UK and i am in USA 

SandraSmiley Posted 30 Jul 2017 , 7:06pm
post #10 of 12

@Alohilani ‍, our Walmart will do it and so will our local grocery store.  That is why I suggested it.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 31 Jul 2017 , 4:04am
post #11 of 12

Anyone think the picture is those chocolate transfer sheets? They don't all look like edible images on fondant disks to me....but I dunno. questionconfused

Alohilani Posted 15 Aug 2017 , 7:52pm
post #12 of 12

Yes, I know @SandraSmiley ‍ and you're lucky. I know of several states where that can be accomplished, however it's a state law. It only takes one bad apple to ruin everything. It come up when they decided to allow anybody to sale goods under the cottage law. It was a way, they found to protect B&M stores. The overhead is higher with those business so it kind makes sense. If one doesn't like it, well it's not to expensive to buy a dedicated printer and edible ink. It also come up in a lawsuit a few years back when someone sold a cake, they had made but used a bought image. It was a large birthday party, several people end up in the hospital- read huge lawsuit and court costs. The baker tried to say it wasn't the cake itself that made them sick, it was the bakery's fault because they sold her a contaminated image (yes, that's the exact word she used in court), which she claimed was the cause of the illnesses. Well the bakery got their own attorneys, and counter suit. The bakery had been in business for several generations, during the trial, it come to light that, they didn't even charge the woman for the image. They had done it, to help her out. She claimed it was for her own child but she wanted to make the cake herself. There was a video from the security cameras and some lip reading was involved. It was a mess, in the end, the bakery won. After that several business got involved, had the law passed and made the CLR more strict. Bakers under the CLR can use images bought online but it varies from county to county and even city to city.

-------
Ps: it wasn't letting me post it at all. I had the "sign in bug"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%