Cake Pricing Question

Baking By Prachi-gupta9 Updated 29 Jul 2017 , 9:29pm by Prachi-gupta9

Prachi-gupta9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Prachi-gupta9 Posted 27 Jul 2017 , 10:08pm
post #1 of 11

Cake Pricing QuestionCake Pricing QuestionCake Pricing QuestionCake Pricing QuestionHello ladies ....I started cake decorating 1 year back. My question is how much should I charge for my cake ? Just want to know from you how much my cake work is worth as I have long way to go and was just guessing how good I am at my work. Just posting some of my cakes so that you all can evaluate my work. As my near and dear ones always says my work is good but I want a honest opinion . 

10 replies
ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 27 Jul 2017 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 11

Your work is very good, and very clean, but not one of us here can tell you how much to charge. There are so many variables at play. I would suggest searching the website and reading though the pricing threads. Where you live is another variable. What I can charge in my area is going to be vastly different from your area. 

Prachi-gupta9 Posted 27 Jul 2017 , 10:33pm
post #3 of 11

Thank you so much.... As i am new so never thought of all these point. Thank you for your guidance.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 27 Jul 2017 , 11:30pm
post #4 of 11

I agree with everything ypierce82 said, your work is beautiful and pricing is very specific to the area.

Prachi-gupta9 Posted 28 Jul 2017 , 6:43am
post #5 of 11

Ok..Thank you so much.

640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 28 Jul 2017 , 5:10pm
post #6 of 11

Just know you do great work - very clean, so don't charge less for being "new" or anything like that.  Whatever professionals are charging in your area, you should be charging right around the same amount.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Jul 2017 , 8:57pm
post #7 of 11

Judging from the name on each cake I take it you are not in the USA.  That would make a huge difference in pricing along w/the other remarks already offered.  I will say, from what I have read on this site, here in the US, one should not charge less than $5 per serving for the work you are offering.   I really studied your pix and tried to find fault w/them......but couldn't...I find your work is really, really excellent, 

LaurieL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurieL Posted 28 Jul 2017 , 10:16pm
post #8 of 11

While this will also be dependent on your area, BakeCalc.com has a calculator and information on selling your cakes - your business.  Here's the link:  http://www.bakecalc.com/

Prachi-gupta9 Posted 29 Jul 2017 , 9:24pm
post #9 of 11

Quote by @kakeladi on 1 day ago

Judging from the name on each cake I take it you are not in the USA.  That would make a huge difference in pricing along w/the other remarks already offered.  I will say, from what I have read on this site, here in the US, one should not charge less than $5 per serving for the work you are offering.   I really studied your pix and tried to find fault w/them......but couldn't...I find your work is really, really excellent, 

Thank you so much for your compliment. I live in Brussels, Belgium as I  just started 1 year back  so have baked only for my Indian friends out here. Thank you for your answer.

Prachi-gupta9 Posted 29 Jul 2017 , 9:25pm
post #10 of 11

Quote by @LaurieL on 23 hours ago

While this will also be dependent on your area, BakeCalc.com has a calculator and information on selling your cakes - your business.  Here's the link:  http://www.bakecalc.com/

Thank you so much

Prachi-gupta9 Posted 29 Jul 2017 , 9:29pm
post #11 of 11

Quote by @640Cake on 1 day ago

Just know you do great work - very clean, so don't charge less for being "new" or anything like that.  Whatever professionals are charging in your area, you should be charging right around the same amount.

Thank you so much....will work  on my price  as its a big issue for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%