Need Ideas

Decorating By kristiemarie Updated 1 Aug 2017 , 2:06am by youngj

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 26 Jul 2017 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 6

I have a triple birthday next weekend.  It's a pool party, 2 girls and 1 boy.  All different ages.  I want to do the cakes in buttercream so that's not an issue.  But what can I do that's simple but also has a thread across all three cakes?  I'm not against Gumpaste decorations. 

Any suggestions??  Not sure why this is stumping me. 

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Jul 2017 , 10:00pm
post #2 of 6

What I have done is divide the cake into 3rds and address each person w/age & something like like - be it color or hobby etc.  I do the dividing by making an inverted V into the middle.  It's hard to describe:(  OR another idea is to make 3 single layer cakes pushtogether so it looks more like one....think of the bottome of a wedding cake w/3rounds pushed together.......  Then each person has their own cake.  I looked thru my album on here and doin't find the pic of such idea but there are a couple similar ideas;  Here's 3 cookies on seperate boards, but instead put the cakes together on one board:     http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/2241080/valentine-cookies              This was done for 2 perople - 2 different occasions:  http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/2221228/1322949292jpg     There are several other examples like these in my album

Bakerlady2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakerlady2 Posted 27 Jul 2017 , 2:51am
post #3 of 6

do they have a common interest? Do they all draw.. go camping.. or play sports etc.... if so use this to have a common thread for all 3 cakes.

cutiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiger Posted 27 Jul 2017 , 1:40pm
post #4 of 6

If you are doing a pool, why not make three floats in the pool.  You could put the name and age so each would have their own float.  Or you could do beach towels with the info on each.

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 27 Jul 2017 , 1:40pm
post #5 of 6

How about a swimming pool cake?  It can be round like an above ground pool or rectangle like an inground pool.  Then you can put "them" into the pool or outside the pool and include some of their activities.  Blue piping gel makes great water smirk  There are great available candies that make pool floats, life preservers and even sour patch kids lol.  Make the inside of the cake blue too - and probably funfetti because that's the flavor cake kids always seem to pick!  I made a round one once with a niece and nephew around 6 years ago when they were 9 and 11 and it was a lot of fun!

Good luck! 

Theresa

youngj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
youngj Posted 1 Aug 2017 , 2:06am
post #6 of 6

The pool idea with 3 different floats in the pool is a cute idea! Or you could do a 3 tier cake (if they want to pay) and do a different them for each tier, I would suggest a similar color scheme to keep it flowing. Or do each tier in the same base color, blue or white, then add their hobbies to each tier.

For a topper you could do their age!

Good luck, post pictures!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%