How Would You Do The 'ice' And Bottles On This?

Baking By flayvurdfun Updated 31 Jul 2017 , 2:15pm by Jenn123

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 25 Jul 2017 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 6

This beautiful cake is not mine... I was sent this picture to see if it's something I could do...... Not sure how to do bottles and ice.... I'm not professional by any means, I do on side as hobby. How Would You Do The 'ice' And Bottles On This?

5 replies
weiseowl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weiseowl Posted 25 Jul 2017 , 11:32pm
post #2 of 6

For the bottles you can easily make with gelatin. There are many tutorials on youtube.

Gelatin Bottle

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 25 Jul 2017 , 11:38pm
post #3 of 6

Yeah I was thinking gelatin for the Ice Cube's didn't think about the bottle LOL I'm going to look that up....

caketownathens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caketownathens Posted 26 Jul 2017 , 11:34am
post #4 of 6

Check out

smiley

caketownathens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caketownathens Posted 26 Jul 2017 , 11:36am
post #5 of 6

Whoa my post got butchered for some reason, sorry about that. What I mean was check out this tutorial. Isomalt is best for a realistic result but you could definitely get away with gelatine for the ice cubes. 

You can find cheap beer bottle molds on ebay or even make your own, if you're feeling adventurous: http://www.makeyourownmolds.com/how-to-sugar-bottle-mold

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 31 Jul 2017 , 2:15pm
post #6 of 6

I use isomalt and beer bottle molds. There are many tutorials online. I have used real (empty) bottles on cakes also.

I use clear Knox gelatin for the ice. Add some sweetener to taste, 2 cups boiling water, 2 packets of Knox clear gelatin. Stir, pour in a container to about an inch deep. Chill and slice. Try not to let the ice touch the bottles directly because they will melt a little bit and bleed. I try to add a thin buttercream barrier to prevent this. It won't need refrigeration for a several hours. I put the ice on last minute before delivery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%