Cake Pop Recipe Box Mix Help

Baking By smile22 Updated 22 Jul 2017 , 8:21pm by kakeladi

smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 22 Jul 2017 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 2

I used to use these pans made for cake pops you bake the batter inside and they come out more cone shape than anything well I ditched them after 5 years and decided to use the rolled method with the other method you added milk instead of water an extra egg and some more oil using a box mix

now with the rolled cake pops do I need to add anything or follow he directions on the box mix  I need 50 pops per mix lemon and chocolate raspberry im making 1 inch cake balls and how much frosting would I need I am making a double batch of American buttercream using just butter powered sugar and vanilla extract and a little bit of milk 

1 reply
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Jul 2017 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 2

Since the cake pops I made were just cake crumbs w/a bit of ABC mixed in I see no reason to change the directions for making the box mix. I always made my cakes using 2 whole eggs and 1 cup milk per  mix.  No oil necessary but if you really want to add it no harm done :)      I really have no idea if you can get 50 pops from one mix - but my guess would be yes, you can.  If you want to be extra sure to have enough why not use this recipe:    http://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/7445/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe       What are you doing w/the b'cream?  Just mixing it w/the cake crumbs?  Then one batch would be much more than needed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%