Anybody Been Here Before?

Baking By sweetneice Updated 22 Jul 2017 , 8:29pm by kakeladi

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 22 Jul 2017 , 2:20pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone ever felt like giving up in this business after a bad day? Today is that day. It doesn't come often but today I feel like maybe I should just be done. Excuse the whining, just having a moment and wanted to see if you have ever been there. Maybe your stories will inspire me to keep it moving or continue on. Maybe it was this last nasty client I had that rubbed me the wrong way. Anyhoo...thanks for letting vent!

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Jul 2017 , 2:58pm
post #2 of 5

yes i think anyone in this business for any length of time has been there and if they stay on any length of time further then they get there again albeit wiser -- i think it has to do with the artistic aspect where we strive to please and get shot down -- but you learn to switch hats quicker to safeguard yourself -- so leave the artistic leonardo monet bronwen ben israel hat and jump into the rock hard nerves of steel ceo hat -- as if you're walking down the steps from hitting the opening bell on the stock exchange and you get the phone call from the customer -- just another day at the office --  

you got this

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 22 Jul 2017 , 3:11pm
post #3 of 5

Yes I've been there too  :-)   Not so much with customers but my own physical pain after a very long day  - and it takes a week to recover from  :-(  But I love to decorate and just keep plugging along while trying to take care of myself.

And I love @K8memphis' answer   :-)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Jul 2017 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 5

thank you, ms gf  stuck_out_tongue 

good for you -- keep on cakin'!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Jul 2017 , 8:29pm
post #5 of 5

Been there done more than twice :(  Wedding cake deliveries gone horribly bad.  Another time a MOB chewed me out - twice -  because she didn't like the color match I did to the *tiny* paint chip she gave me for her daughter's wedding cake.  The 1st time she came unglued was at the reception, then again when she returned equipment - in front of a customerin the shop :(

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%