Kitchen Aids For $250 And Ka Decals Too

Baking By -K8memphis Updated 23 Jul 2017 , 3:02am by SandraSmiley

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Jul 2017 , 12:30pm
post #1 of 9

just a heads up on what looks like a good deal on a five quart tilt head -- some of them are on payment plans $125/mo. for two months --

i actually got one of the decals previously but never got it on my machine yet -- wah wah... just any minute blush my job is running out next week so i'll have time to catch up on everything yum

https://www.zulily.com/e/kitchenaid-and-more-254482.html

i love the liquid graphite one!

zulily is a really different kind of company -- unless you pay through paypal when you purchase something, your card is pre-popped like it is for a car rental or buying gas kwim? then the sale lasts for 2 more days -- then the manufacturer of the KA ships to zulilly -- then zulilly ships to you -- and somewhere in there your card is popped, aka charged for real -- so it's different but this seems to be a good deal -- i hope everybody who does cakes can get a ka clap  

i often post about zulily -- i am not employed by them or anything -- i just like it and am sharing -- they also make a lot of mistakes so you send them pictures -- they are generous with refunds/credits

8 replies
brendajarmusz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brendajarmusz Posted 22 Jul 2017 , 2:06pm
post #2 of 9

Thank you K8Memphis for sharing this with us. You rock my friend. 

-K8memphis Posted 22 Jul 2017 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 9

brenda, thanks for making my day heart_eyes but no You rock! 

https://www.zulily.com/e/zulily-debut-sugar-artists-acrylic-246884.html?ref=first-run

^^^ this one ^^^ says it's for sugar artist's but it's paint right? not edible right? a little confusing but interesting nontheless

-K8memphis Posted 22 Jul 2017 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 9

and the shipping can take weeks, three to four weeks give or take so be advised -- amazon it ain't for shipping but customer service is as good 

happy mixer-ing purple_heart blue_heart purple_heart

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 22 Jul 2017 , 3:03pm
post #5 of 9

Quote by @-K8memphis on 15 minutes ago

brenda, thanks for making my day heart_eyes but no You rock! 

https://www.zulily.com/e/zulily-debut-sugar-artists-acrylic-246884.html?ref=first-run

^^^ this one ^^^ says it's for sugar artist's but it's paint right? not edible right? a little confusing but interesting nontheless

I think the brand name is Sugar, but it says it is professional artist's acrylics.  Yes, it is confusing, especially to those of us who fall into the sugar artist category, haha!

-K8memphis Posted 22 Jul 2017 , 3:44pm
post #6 of 9

i know -- i got so excited -- i'm reading "sugar artist's spray" six bucks -- get outa here! then i looked closer and closer and yeah you're right -- they need to be careful with our moniker hahahahaha

so there's more than one way to be a "sugar artist" wah wah 

stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

SandraSmiley Posted 22 Jul 2017 , 6:39pm
post #7 of 9

I got my 5 quart Artisan Kitchenaid from Everything Kitchens for $245.00 with a $50.00 mail-in coupon.  They have specials all of the time.  Right now the price is $249.00 and you get a free ice cream freezer with it.  I like this company.

https://www.everythingkitchens.com/kitchenaid-ksm150.html

-K8memphis Posted 22 Jul 2017 , 7:37pm
post #8 of 9

wow great website, sandras, it would be $239 and $10 off and i think it said free 3-day shipping plus the ice cream maker -- geez -- what a deal -- i think i need one stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes 

in addition there's a tremendous question/answer thread there also -- dang

SandraSmiley Posted 23 Jul 2017 , 3:02am
post #9 of 9

@-K8memphis ‍ , lol - you sound like me.  I want a KA in every color!  I already have a 5 quart Artisan in Ice that I use for making smaller cakes and frosting and a 7 quart Pro lift model in Merlot (bought from Chef's before they went out of business) that I use for large cakes, fondant and gum paste.  I bought it for it's powerful motor so I wouldn't kill my smaller mixer making fondant and gum paste!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%