Charging Extra

Decorating By Pucci Cakes Updated 21 Jul 2017 , 12:42am by Pucci Cakes

Pucci Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pucci Cakes Posted 19 Jul 2017 , 11:10pm
post #1 of 6

Hello

I have been making cakes for a while now but this is the first time baking a rainbow cake. How much extra would you charge for a rainbow baked cake and ruffles?Charging Extra

5 replies
ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 20 Jul 2017 , 1:06am
post #2 of 6

I don't charge extra for tinting batter, or buttercream ruffles. Fondant would alter the price per serving, for me. 

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 20 Jul 2017 , 2:49am
post #3 of 6

I might not charge for tinting the batter...a little...but that's a lot of work to measure out and color six different portions of batter...I'd probably charge $5-10 more for an 8 inch layer cake.

kyliecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyliecake Posted 20 Jul 2017 , 12:19pm
post #4 of 6

As a home baker (registered), i charge about $40 extra as i don't have 6 pans in the same size. That means that i have to have my oven for 3 times as long and it certainly takes alot of extra time tinting (I weigh each lot of batter to make sure that colour is the same size). 

so do charge extra.

Coffeelover77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coffeelover77 Posted 20 Jul 2017 , 5:45pm
post #5 of 6

I don't charge for cakes, but I made a six layer rainbow cake a couple months ago and it was a ton of work compared to making a plain two layer. I'd add extra for sure if I was selling cakes. Probably just the extra time, so maybe 1-2 extra hours at whatever you are costing for your own time

I only have two 9 inch pans however! If I had six pans it wouldn't have taken much longer so I suppose that's a major factor (how many pans you have)

Pucci Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pucci Cakes Posted 21 Jul 2017 , 12:42am
post #6 of 6

Thank you all for your replies. I think I will charge extra for the rainbow. It does seem like more work and even if I had 6 pans I still would need another oven I guess. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%