Bulk Cake Mixes And Eggy Taste

Baking By vmanbakes Updated 17 Jul 2017 , 11:24pm by kakeladi

vmanbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vmanbakes Posted 17 Jul 2017 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 2

For those who use bulk cake mixes that only require water or water and oil how do you get them to come out without having an eggy taste. Do you mix the bulk mixes longer than you would the boxes of cake mix you buy out of the grocery store. I tried one brand I believe it was R&H mix made by dawn foods and smelled wonderful when I opened the bag and mixed it up but once the cake was done it tasted like all the other bulk mixes I have tried which was eggy or like it was to much egg in it.  locally I have only been able to find bulk cake mixes that already have eggs in them and only require water or water and oil. I was just wondering if I was not mixing  the batter long enough and if that is  why they don't tast right when they are done.

1 reply
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Jul 2017 , 11:24pm
post #2 of 2

Years ago(maybe 8-10) I used Dawn bulk mixes.  Did have some problems w/it until I had a chance to talk to the 'chef' who made all the cakes for one of their shows and found I was not mixing it properly.  I don't remember that it was an eggy taste but whatever the problem was it was a process of mixing it up right.  Maybe you can talk to a Dawn rep/chef for thier suggestion.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%