Decorating In Advance

Decorating By iwoolsey Updated 12 Jul 2017 , 8:55pm by kakeladi

iwoolsey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iwoolsey Posted 12 Jul 2017 , 1:56am
post #1 of 4

Hi!

I have a egg free dairy free cake decorated in a crusting buttercream due on a Saturday morning. Typically I'd frost & decorate the night before with fondant decorations but I just found out I have banquet dinner that night before! I was thinking about frosting and decorating that Thursday night. The party is 10:00 am on Saturday. I know buttercream especially crusting works to seal in and preserve the moistness of the cake. What I'm wondering is how many days in advance is ok? Or should I just plan on a late night on Friday? (I work FT during the day so that's not an option). Any experience or advice on this? 

3 replies
cutiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiger Posted 12 Jul 2017 , 10:36am
post #2 of 4

You would be fine to do it Thursday night.  The buttercream will keep the cake moist.  

640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 12 Jul 2017 , 12:30pm
post #3 of 4

Ditto...you'll be fine one day early.  The leftovers (if any) will last one day less....no big deal :)

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Jul 2017 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 4

The only drawback is that the cake will not be as fresh for the customer - especially if they have leftovers they might want to save for a few days :(       Having said that, I have kept cake in the frig (for family) as much as 10 days (got shoved to the back & forgotten)  and thought it was almost as fresh as it was in the 1st place. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%